Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone seems to be doing it, so here mine!

Aside from Stock, its got Some Nuke Proof Warhead 750mm Bars on it, which improve the ride 500%. a Ti Spring, and an Ibeam SL Saddle and Micro post, the saddle and post collectively weigh about 100grams less than the bontrager saddle that was on there before, so total savings for those 2 are pretty significant. though its guesswork, right now id place it just below 37lb's, ive got some Wellgo MG-1's which will save 1lb off the Bontrager beasts, and ill be switching the 2200g bonty wheelset, for a pro2/DT Revolution spoke/mavic 719 wheelset + Ti Dura ace cassete, collectively weigh 1750G, so thats a saving of around 700g.

its going to be filthy light, and it will be interesting to see how it rides after the weight drops so significantly. Pics in a second.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hah, will be racing UKBikepark, local races, hopefully some rounds in wales depending on whether a series gets sorted, 2 weeks in the alps, and a possibility of a fort Bill/Inners etc roadtrip on the cards for the summer. if it IS too light, ill probably be switching back to codes as i just havnt found a brake i prefer yet!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got my new Wellgo MG-1's today! theyll be dropping just under 400g in weight off the Bontrager Big Fails, and are a far more comfortable size with nice long grub screws. will wrech em on on the weekend and be back with some feedback come mmonday!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, the only reason this things getting so light is im replacing all the Bontrager parts with Functional parts that spares are available for, the Ti spring was such a good price i just couldnt resist, but otherwise its just replacing stupidly heavy crap!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.