Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a relative newcomer to downhilling I've never really known who Shaun Palmer was. Of course I have heard of him, his partying, tattoos, and having his forearms operated on to stop "arm pump". The USA Today has a pretty good article on him and his accomplishments. Check it out here....Shaun Palmer Article

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
As I have said before, Palmer is bas ass. $900,000 pro mountain bike contract...yeah those were the days.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
glad to hear he is making a comeback from alcohol/drug addiction

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Timing

His OD would have been right after Sea Otter, where he usually shows up to race the slalom. It would be interesting to see him get serious again. Not so sure about him being strong enough to do it on his own - staying clean and sober, that is. That doesn't usually work.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Photo-John said:
His OD would have been right after Sea Otter, where he usually shows up to race the slalom. It would be interesting to see him get serious again. Not so sure about him being strong enough to do it on his own - staying clean and sober, that is. That doesn't usually work.
Yeah, that would be tough, especially if his prime support (his GF) dumped him. Haven't heard too much on this guy for a while, but he seems awfully cocky, hopefully he doesn't keep f-ing himself up.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Its really going to depend on what he does for training. I mean thats what lance armstrong did to stay above the competition, he pushed himself further then any other rider. If palmer is willing to do that then i think he will be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts