Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Because I am !
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What better way to bring in the new year than a ride. That ride for me just happened to be around "The Bend"......... North Bend State Park that is, not far east of Parkersburg, WV.

For the ride report and lots of pics click on the link to our club webpage below.

https://theopam.com/posts/239-around-the-bend-into-2010

Hope everyone had a great New Years celebration and that your year will be filled with many miles of awesome singletrack.

ODN

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
That greenish brown stuff on the ground...is that grass? Haven't seen any of that for about a month now. We're supposed to get another 12" or so in the next 48 hours. Can't believe I moved somewhere that actually gets more snow (at least so far this season) than Slatyfork. What a predicament, all this snow and have to drive at least 45 minutes to get to some good slopes.

Whit, you still lurking about? Looks like I may be down to the Shoe for a few days between College Weekend and MLK weekend. I know its weekdays, but would love to get some runs in with you.

As always, thanks for the pics ODN. Soon enough, it'll be time to bust out the Tent Mahal and head back down to the MNF. The skinnies have been getting a workout on the trainer up on the third floor, so I'm hoping to be closer to the engine and farther away from the caboose this coming year. Choo choo!

·
Because I am !
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davis said:
That greenish brown stuff on the ground...is that grass?
Yea, we actually see it quite often over here :D . Well, you stayed in the mountains and just move farther north:skep: :confused: . I think that calculates into more snow. :rolleyes:

Hope you at least get in some runs soon. Looking at a set of XC's right now. If we would just get more around here it might be worth it. I would nearly always have to drive 2 1/2 to 3 hrs to get some good snow.

Well, spring isn't far away.... Get on the slopes while you can....

ODN

·
CrgCrkRyder
2,373 Posts
Hey ODN, glad you got to break the year in right. Looks like you had plenty of trail spring cleaning to do along the way. I decided not to fight Mother Nature anymore and start out the new year cruising downhill on a couple of planks. Post ride Hellbender burrito. Its all good.! Will resume 2 wheeling as soon as I can see the ground again.

·
song of the saw-whet owl
428 Posts
davis said:
That greenish brown stuff on the ground...is that grass? Haven't seen any of that for about a month now.
same here in canaan! And it's been snowing for the past week non-stop. the lake-effect machine is running wild. I did see a little pavement yesterday, but someone is gonna have to raise the road signs soon.

Biking extinct for now, no matter how hard-core you are. :( thank god for ski's!

Attachments

·
CrgCrkRyder
2,373 Posts
oldnoob said:
same here in canaan! And it's been snowing for the past week non-stop. the lake-effect machine is running wild. I did see a little pavement yesterday, but someone is gonna have to raise the road signs soon.

Biking extinct for now, no matter how hard-core you are. :( thank god for ski's!
OldNoob. Saw some of that last weekend. Amazing how artic Canaan is. Started snowing on us Thursday night and snowed through Sunday when we left. 5 degrees F and 15-20 mph winds at noon. Had every layer of clothes I owned on me on the slopes and stayed OK warm. 0 -12 inches of crispy dry powder to ski in on the meadows at Canaan Resort, as good as I had in Colorado on my last out west ski trip. Good stuff, made me forget about how bad the mountain biking is now. Davis is such a cool place.

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
Its 4:12 AM and I'm re-waxing my board. Guess what I'll be doing today? Was thinking 7 Springs but may hit up Blue Knob instead. Got another 6-8" since going to bed last night. Probably have seen at least 3 feet in our backyard in the last week. Going up to 20 degrees today, so it shouldn't be too bad on the lifts.

·
song of the saw-whet owl
428 Posts
holy cow, same here.... that makes 30" new snow since the new year in canaan and still comin. Might need snorkles soon. Whats hilarious is when you look at the radar, you never really see snow over tucker county because of high elevation I guess, the radar doesn't show it even tho its dumping. Haven't been on the bike in a month but have been exercising the legs like crazy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.