Okay, here are some pictures of my Army Green El Ciclon. :D :thumbsup:

Size = 21"
Rear Shock = RP23 High Volume
Quad Bearing

Attachments

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Man, I love that color. What fork is that? Float or TALAS? That is a butt-ugly saddle. Please, buy another one :p

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SVSocrates said:
Man, I love that color. What fork is that? Float or TALAS? That is a butt-ugly saddle. Please, buy another one :p
It's a TALAS. I knew someone would mention the saddle....yes butt ugly but comfy.....I'm in the market for a new one but haven't figured out which one. I have a couple of saddles but they're like sitting on a cinder block.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
mtnbiker4life said:
It's a TALAS. I knew someone would mention the saddle....yes butt ugly but comfy.....I'm in the market for a new one but haven't figured out which one. I have a couple of saddles but they're like sitting on a cinder block.
It's about frickin time!:p I was lusting over the frame at the shop. It's looks even better built up. Is that a Prolink saddle? Very comfy. I've had good luck with WTB saddles.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Pauliemon said:
It's about frickin time!:p I was lusting over the frame at the shop. It's looks even better built up. Is that a Prolink saddle? Very comfy. I've had good luck with WTB saddles.
i hope you cleaned it after making love to it...

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
saddle tip

looking for comfy? WTB's PURE V is pure butt bliss. the first seat i've had in which the only time you think about your ass or the seat during the ride is when you realize how comfortable it is. a little wide maybe if you get behind it occasionally to do some extreme steeps or sketchy maneuver but not enough to nix having one. one of those components you buy and know you need no other. oh yeah, nice bike.;)

·
Registered
9,911 Posts
Nice ride and great color though is there any clearcoat on it? Maybe so but it's such a flat finish that it looks clearcoat-less.

I always thought the Pure V was a chick's saddle. It isn't?:D

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Agreed. Rode a Pure V for 2 seasons and just switched to a Rocket V. The Pure is way comfy, but a pain to get back in front of once you've gotten back. I also found it to be a little less amenable to leaning the bike over with my thigh. The Rocket has none of these problems IMHO.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Vince,
Nice Rig and sweet choice on the custom paint. Came out better and more flat than I expected.

Funny thing, I've seen you out at Prairie, I've seen you out at Granite and NEVER saw you on the X-5! And now you've gotten this one!

-Aaron

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Flyer said:
I always thought the Pure V was a chick's saddle. It isn't?:D
I can only imagine what you thought the "V" in "Pure V" stood for...:eek:

·
Registered
774 Posts
WTB Rocket V is a winner!

mtnbiker4life said:
The Rocket V has a nice slim shape that's easy to move around on but very comfy as well.

Great to see your Ciclon finally built up. The green has a nice subtle, bling to it. The flat clear is a nice change from the usual glossy, metallic finishes. Unfortunately, mine has been sitting dormant while my ss has all of the fun for the last two weeks. I blew out my King rear hub and have been waiting for the local shop to rebuild the ring drive. I hope to have the Ciclon back together for the weekend and give my poor knees a break from the single.

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ciclistagonzo said:
Vince,
Nice Rig and sweet choice on the custom paint. Came out better and more flat than I expected.

Funny thing, I've seen you out at Prairie, I've seen you out at Granite and NEVER saw you on the X-5! And now you've gotten this one!

-Aaron
Yeah, that's wierd because I rode the piss out of the X-5...for the 15 months I had it.....although, I did have shock and fork problems which kept me on my Merlin. I used that X-5 as a test bed....to see if I really could dig Ventana as a FS bike. Uncle Gary was very good to me for the five years I rode the GF Sugar breaking four frames.......so to change to a different FS design was a gamble I'm glad I took. I tend to stay with stuff that works....like King hubs :thumbsup: I'm going to dig this El Ciclon.....and with this green you will most likely not see me on the trails......this is my special forces bike. :thumbsup:

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Vince-
Gotta say that Ciclon looks light years better than your x-5 did!
Good job.

Although this does not bode well for me and my thoughts to get a full ball burnished Bruja instead of the green....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.