Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The armadillo tires are touted as the flat resistant tire but do they help prevent pinch flats? I'm looking at a pair of the eskar armadillo elites for my enduro as a replacment for my michelin all mountains. I love the michelins but I'm getting alot faster as the trails dry out and with 40psi in the tires I'm still getting a flat once every other week!

I figure going from a 2.2 to a 2.3 will help too.

·
ride ride ride
133 Posts
wow. those look like excellent tires. I just read the review on leelikesbikes ... they sound great!

I don't see why they should be much more resistant to pinch flats ... I don't think a stiffer sidewall will make a huge difference, but maybe a little. Anyway, I'm just spouting 'cause I obviously have no experience with them.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
terrible said:
The armadillo tires are touted as the flat resistant tire but do they help prevent pinch flats? I'm looking at a pair of the eskar armadillo elites for my enduro as a replacment for my michelin all mountains. I love the michelins but I'm getting alot faster as the trails dry out and with 40psi in the tires I'm still getting a flat once every other week!

I figure going from a 2.2 to a 2.3 will help too.
go tubeless and it will end your problems :thumbsup:

i have not used tubes in many years -----:eekster:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up a pair tonight and put a few miles on them with tubes. Nice traction and they roll a bit better than the michelins. I've got a tubeless kit on order so we'll see how it works out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.