Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
just ride
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 Tassajara and I have bee riding it for a year or almost a year. Anyhow, everytime I ride the bike, the first 3-5 miles uphill, my shoulder/arm will start hurting like there's no blood flowing and sometimes it's hard to breathe... (lung or lung muscle starts to hurt) but if I use my '99 TREK 930, everything seems to be fine.

I bought the TREK used and the TASS brand new. I was even fitted on the TASS unlike the TREK.

Does this happen to anyone? Is there something wrong what I'm doing? Just so you guys know, I don't carry back pack on my back and if I do, I'll have to stop after 3 miles and lay on the floor for about 30 mins because my upper back gets really painful...

Please advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Tjay said:
I have an '07 Tassajara and I have bee riding it for a year or almost a year. Anyhow, everytime I ride the bike, the first 3-5 miles uphill, my shoulder/arm will start hurting like there's no blood flowing and sometimes it's hard to breathe... (lung or lung muscle starts to hurt) but if I use my '99 TREK 930, everything seems to be fine.

I bought the TREK used and the TASS brand new. I was even fitted on the TASS unlike the TREK.

Does this happen to anyone? Is there something wrong what I'm doing? Just so you guys know, I don't carry back pack on my back and if I do, I'll have to stop after 3 miles and lay on the floor for about 30 mins because my upper back gets really painful...

Please advice. Thanks!
I hope it is not your left arm and shoulder. If so--go to the doctor.

If it is both, and you clearly only experience it on the GF and not on the Trek, I agree you may just be too stretched out. Does the Tassajara have the Genesis 1 geometry? If so, that could explain it. I used to ride a Big Sur with the Genesis 1 geometry and had a lot of hand numbness. The G1 geometry is just a very aggressive, stretched out position that is great for climbing and racing but not necessarily so comfortable.

I now ride a Hi-Fi, which has the G2 geometry and also a little more upright position, and don't have the hand numbness problem any more. (My lower back also used to get fatigued much more quickly with the G1 geometry, but I don't experience that any more unless I'm out there for a long time. I did a four hour ride yesterday and my back never got fatigued).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.