Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many of you wear elbow/forearm guards (I'm assuming you all wear knee/shin and a full face helmet- right?) I wear knee/shin guards but find that elbow/forearm guards are really uncomfortable and restrictive. I also notice that when I go to bike shops there always seem to be a lot more elbow/forearm guards on the racks as opposed to knee/shin- I'm coming to the conclusion that those who wear basic body armor might or might not wear elbow/arm protection. Agree? Disagree?

Anyway, I'm probably going to buy a set and force myself to wear them (it took me a a few rides to get used to knee/shin guards too...)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
ur right...many many ppl ride without them...

i had a set of some 661 ones i cant remember the model name...they went from my shoulder to my wrist...they were ok...but like u said very restrictive and didnt fit me to well...

the only arm armour i can say that is good is the new Troy Lee elbow guards...there is a very positive review on them at www.farkin.net do a search and you should find them...but ive also tried them on and when cash is available i may also get a pair of these bad boys...

but yeh i would agree not many ppl wear arm armour...i tend to see either chest and arm armour (such as 661 Pressure suits...dainese...rock garden flak jacket or what ever there called etc) or no arm armour...none of me or my mates have arm armour...and only one of us has chest armour...yet we all have shinnies and fullfaces...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.