Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and some of my buddies are planning a late May rafting trip down the Royal Gorge part of the Arkansas River. We are hoping to camp a few days prior to it and hit some trails. Any recommendations for camping at a place around that area that has great trails (for biking and hiking)?

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,879 Posts
minderbinder3 said:
Me and some of my buddies are planning a late May rafting trip down the Royal Gorge part of the Arkansas River. We are hoping to camp a few days prior to it and hit some trails. Any recommendations for camping at a place around that area that has great trails (for biking and hiking)?
Salida. Up river a bit. I think you'll find what you are looking for there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For camping check out the Hayden Creek and Coaldale campground. I have been camping there every time we raft the Arkansas. You are going early enough so you should not have to worry about it being full. Hayden creek has around 11 sites with a small steam running next it.

Take Hwy 50 to CR 6 ..turns into dirt road, campsites are 5 miles back in the San Isabel Nat'l Forest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.