Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm planning on doing the south loop in late september. i've got the map and the bike and the gear. anyone done the loop that can give some first hand knowledge?

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wasn't planning on it but today i had the idea of getting my girlfriend to drive my van and meet me every couple of days at a campground to resupply and that way i could bring the mtb and the gravel bike and the bikepacking bike and do different types of riding. if that plan falls through i was going to skip the singletrack. are the gravel roads in pretty good shape or are they not maintained?

·
Registered
312 Posts
The roads are maintained but can be chucky in parts. Rebecca Rush road it on a gravel bike with 38's I think and said she got into some sketchy downhills. I'd recommend a 2.2 if your bike can handle it. I haven't ridden the entire route but have ridden many areas and am friends with Chuck Campbell who designed it. I would ride a hardtail mountain bike with a good rolling tire. I did ride a small section in the Ouachita Mountains last week on my Surly Cross-Chek but wouldn't want to do a lot of distance on that.

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've got 55's on my gravel bike and 50's on my fargo. i'm actually thinking of doing the adventure cycling van supported tour instead of going on my own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.