Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in this trip or already have plans to go. Ive been wanting to hit a mtbr fling for years but noone can ever go. Anyone? ......Bueller??

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you being sarcastic as usual??? Check out the sticky in the passion forum. Course this trip wouldnt count towards whatever roadtrip I do this year. You been road riding alot?

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
I always wanted to go to AZ Spring Fling, but I'm not so sure anymore. The trails are awesome and worth the trip, but it looks like they get so many riders for the Fling that it would almost be too many. Maybe not though. I'm sure things spread out as the rides get going.

I guess I prefer small ride groups.

Having said all that, I am going down the end of February for my nephew's wedding and staying for three days after so I can ride (and the wife can visit her sister). Looking forward to it, but it may be too close to the Fling to score another kitchen pass for AZ three weeks later.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to hear people chiming in! I always forget to mention the beer. Usually that will entice a few people:) Gas and such shouldnt be to bad between a few people. Craig, dont forget your special sandals just in case I forget my beer opener.

Shawn

·
Single Malt
958 Posts
BEER!!! and special SANDALS!!!!

Redmon said:
Good to hear people chiming in! I always forget to mention the beer. Usually that will entice a few people:) Gas and such shouldnt be to bad between a few people. Craig, dont forget your special sandals just in case I forget my beer opener.

Shawn
WOW----- You sure know how to draw me out. I have been looking at the Fling for awhile. May only hit the Tucson portion of it this time. There is some great ridin down there. The Fling will hit the Milagrosa Trail. There also is the Chutes, and the very odd Fantasy Island Trails. (A truly must see) Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, maybe we could all get together and make some preliminary plans for the ride down and accomadations. Any ideas?

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
as a nor cal boy who has gone to this ride for the last 2 years it cannot be beat. I have driven down by myself each year, and when the fling has been over i head to lake havasu for the spring break festivities.

the ride groups are not too large imo, but then again here is what i did each year

Thursday. Drove down, slept in the open desert in buckeye, az.
Friday South mountain shuttle runs, phoenix
Saturday. Sedona. Rained out. Went to prescott
Sunday. Lynx lake area trails. Prescott

2006 i did it a little bit bigger.
Wednesday. Drove down. 13 hours from napa to tuscon.
Thursday. Milagrosa trail
Friday. Shuttles at south mountain. Actually had a downhill bike this time
Saturday. Sedona. Threatened to rain all day but never did.
Sunday. Shuttles at south mountain again. Just me and fast eddy, with unclemtb driving my car to shuttle us. Ride was supposed to be in prescott, but we heard it was gonna snow. Didnt snow and the prescott guys had an awesome time.

2007s plan of action if i go (used to be a community college student with a job living at home, now a state college student living on my own with no job)
Thursday. Leave chico by 1pm to drive down after class. Staying with a friend who recently moved down there, but otherwise sleeping in the open desert near buckeye again
Friday. Shuttles at south mountain
Saturday. Sedona probably unless luis organises some freeriding at some place hella east of phoenix (forgot what its called)
Sunday. Down for whatever. If prescotts happening go up there, if not ride again in the phoenix valley.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
I'm available whenever....

during the weekdays, if given enough notice, or on the weekend anytime. I'm trying to talk Paul into going so with the amount of riders from Las Vegas we may end up taking a few vehicles. Redmon, sounds like you should name the date/time for the meeting and it's probably my turn to bring the brews :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
prbs
146 Posts
It's just that I'm so old and frail...

March 15-18, Thursday-Sunday...Hmmm...that would take some pretty fancy arrangin' on my part, though I've been know to pull up "sick" and/or "lose Uncle Skip" at even more cucial times of the school year.
It's starting to sound just a bit too good to pass up and might just be worth the effort.
Road Trip? I already have a Spring Break road trip semi-planned - two weeks after the Fling.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, give me another day to read up on the rides and stuff. Anyone want to meet up for a ride on Sat???

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im thinking we should pick one place everyone wants to ride rather than try to hit everything. Lets see if we can get some opinions. Ive been to Sedona so I vote for Tucson/Phoenix as well but Im open to suggestions anyways:)

·
2,093 Posts
?

Redmon said:
Im thinking we should pick one place everyone wants to ride rather than try to hit everything. Lets see if we can get some opinions. Ive been to Sedona so I vote for Tucson/Phoenix as well but Im open to suggestions anyways:)
How long of a drive to tucson? I remember passing through there when i was about 12, thinking, this place is a wasteland on the highway to California. I guess it is bigger now?

·
Single Malt
958 Posts
Tucson

E ! said:
How long of a drive to tucson? I remember passing through there when i was about 12, thinking, this place is a wasteland on the highway to California. I guess it is bigger now?
Tucson is Thursday of the Fling. The featured ride is the Milagrosa Trail. There are also many other trails in Tucson. Fantasy Island is a must do, bring your camera, hard to explain these trails. The Chutes are also a great ride, have only done them one time before. (Watch cows eating prickly pear cactus!!) Have not ridden the Milagrosa Trail, but had planned on riding it this time.
Tucson is about a 7 hour drive from Vegas. Spring training is in full bloom down there ie: Rockies, White Sox, etc. Maybe a U of A game. There is a Waffle House!!!!!:D
Cheers:thumbsup:

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
It's around the corner...

I'm looking forward to this trip, I just need to try and finalize the routes and accomodations (camping or sleeping in my car :p ). Anybody got any plans yet??

·
Single Malt
958 Posts
Tucson

beagledadi said:
I'm looking forward to this trip, I just need to try and finalize the routes and accomodations (camping or sleeping in my car :p ). Anybody got any plans yet??
Jen and I will be going down to Tucson on March 17th. We will miss the Fling, but I could not fit those days into my schedule. We will be staying in the northern part of Tucson. We are planning on riding Sat.,Sun.,and Mon. Drive home on the 20th. Let us know if anyone will be down there on these days!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.