Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
It's back! Mark your calendars and come to Arizona March 15-19 for the 6th, maybe, annual Arizona Spring Fling. A, B and C rides in five great locations around the state, parties, maybe a little schwag if we can get it together in time.

The Fling has a long history with MTBR, and is the largest of the board's gatherings. Come put faces to names, watch e-riders wreck, and enjoy our local hospitality.

More details as they become available!

Website Now Live!

http://www.mountainbikearizona.com/azsf06/

p.

·
More Chasmism
798 Posts
I think I can actually make that this year, if I'm reading my schedule correctly.

Sounds fun.

hfly

·
Registered
756 Posts
After

spending last week in Sedona, you won't be able to keep me away.

GAWD, I love that place!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
wish i could go there....flippin school. have fun to whoever goes! i'll be expecting great pics of what i'm missing out on!

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Paul B said:
It's back! Mark your calendars and come to Arizona March 15-19 for the 6th, maybe, annual Arizona Spring Fling. A, B and C rides in five great locations around the state, parties, maybe a little schwag if we can get it together in time.

The Fling has a long history with MTBR, and is the largest of the board's gatherings. Come put faces to names, watch e-riders wreck, and enjoy our local hospitality.

p.
I'm always sooooo pathetically out of shape that time of year, but it's such a fun gathering. Hmmmmmmm...... Wonder if I can get a cheap flight?

Kathy :^)

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
I'm In!

Paul B said:

p.
I'm in this year!!!!!!!

Paul,

Which airport: Phoenix? Tuckson?

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

As Dirty Girl asked, details? Camping? Houses? An underpass? Regardless, I'm there. I hope that Pete guy doesn't show up. I hear is kind of a jerk in person.

Ken

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ken in KC said:
I'm in this year!!!!!!!

Paul,

Which airport: Phoenix? Tuckson?

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

As Dirty Girl asked, details? Camping? Houses? An underpass? Regardless, I'm there. I hope that Pete guy doesn't show up. I hear is kind of a jerk in person.

Ken
Excellent!

There will be a ton of details when I get a website posted, hopefully in a week or so. Darned real life keeps getting in the way. Very quick answer for planning purposes: fly into Phoenix for the best rates and most central location. Camping is probable in all locations, and I have not yet come up with a system for advertising crash space in houses.

p.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
How

are you gonna ride with that bar 'o soap in your mouth Ralphy?

I may have to do some major wiggling to see if I ca get there. I'd sure love to do it for my 3rd time. I always find the rides are great or better, but the local folks are just so dang hospital, er, well, you know. ;)

Jim

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
hey guys ill be there again, i was the tall guy with the black accord and the superlight who was at south mountain, sedona (it rained) then prescott.... i have class till 4:30 wednesday (mar 15) so i might leave that night and try to get some miles in, or leave thursday like i did last year. Pictures i took last year are here - https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=88893

Thanks for the hospitality last year paul, tom (i think), and whoever the other guy with the neon was.

I got 2 new bikes, an 06 giant faith 3 and an 05 santa cruz blur ... the blur isnt built yet i just have the frame, i plan on transfering everything from my superlight over, but i need a new front brake, and i want to get a front suspension fork as well cause my manitou xvert is probably 4 years old now and has never seen a rebuild, and most folks on blurs have 120mm travel front or more and my xvert is an 100. Everything else on my superlight is only about a year and a half old though

I also got a new car cause the transmission started going out on the black accord i had.

I have a friend who recently moved to tuscon to manage his parents motel and he said he would hook me up with free room ... so i dont know if i can hook anyone else up but ill ask him as the time draws nearer.

·
Shamisen Appreciator
2,095 Posts
Sounds good to me. I'm going to try to make arrangements with a local friend and hopefully I'll see you all there.

-S

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,952 Posts
Melt said:
hey guys ill be there again, i was the tall guy with the black accord and the superlight who was at south mountain, sedona (it rained) then prescott....
Yes, the ONLY person to actually finish the ride with me in Prescott. Mud, mechanicals and more mechanicals thinned out the ranks the entire time.

I have something completely different planned this year up here as far as rides on sunday. Not affected by mud nearly as much, and still plenty of miles and vertical.

I actually think that I'm NOT going to shuttle this year at SoMo, I want to do the longer ride on nastynal and whatever else we do.

·
3,533 Posts
whats up man, nice to finally figure out what your board name is.

that day was crazy, usually im the king of falling off my bike or flat tires but i didnt even get a flat that day! That was one hell of a loop though thats for sure, especially for me cause i live at 15ft elevation and ride mostly in this area.

Whatever you got planned im game man ... i gotta shuttle somo with those guys though, all the good dh trails out here are snowed in so i havent gotten to ride that giant much at all yet.

Do they have the list of what trails are what days yet?

All i know is im praying that it doesnt rain at sedona again this year, i was so mad when i couldnt ride there last year.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
I am there, with bikes in tow! Be coming from the Bay Area.

Any rides in Tucson? Gotta visit the alma and good things I know some folks in phoneix and elsewhere so I can crash.

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tentative schedule, to be finalized when it appears on the Fling website (in a week or so):

Wed, Mesa: Hawes social ride, unrated ride (usually 6-12 show for it).
Thu, Tucson: A - Milagrosa, B/C - 50 Year Trail. Louis has also mentioned the possibility of freeride sessioning in Florence, depending on feedback.
Fri, Phoenix: A - Big and fast National ride, B - Smaller and slower National ride, C - Desert Classic with all the trimmings. An A+ Goat Camp ride is a possibility if we have good feedback for one.
Sat, Sedona: A - Grand tour of everything, led by someone who knows what they're doing. B - Cathedral/Baldwin/Little Horse/Broken Arrow/Sub Rock loop. C - Courthouse Butte loops. Rain backup plan being worked on.
Sun, Prescott: Unranked big Tour de Granite Basin -- lower and dryer than the loop we attempted last year. Probably a "fast" group and a "slow" group, depending on who's still in town at that point. Rain backup plan being worked on.

p.

·
3,533 Posts
just looked at florence on the map, and i could probably be there for that one depending on start time, my plan is to leave wednesday 430p after school so im sure im gonna hit some bay area traffic, but i think ill be late enoguh in so cal that ill arrive after their rush hour? I dont know. If i average 80 mph i can do 500 or so miles by 11p which leaves me with roughly 200 to 300 miles left to go depending on how much over that 500 mark i go.

Napa, CA to Florence, AZ 835 miles 14 hrs according to google maps which sounds about right once you factor in stops cause I checked date stamps on my pictures from last year and as far as i can figure i left napa at about 630am and arrived at buckeye az around 530p so that would be 11 hours to just outside of phoenix and that was with hella stops to pee ill definitley cut down on those big gas station sodas this time.

I know nobody probably cares about this information aside from baycat or anyone else coming from the bay area.

So are the somo guys planning on putting together a shuttle like last year or what? I know a lot of those guys post on freeridewest but i havent found anything

http://freeridewest.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=37&sid=d56fb40e46028392f1cffe1f6af4e9d2

im excited about this trip already though and its only the beginning of january, i already requested the days off at work and they only require 2 weeks notice!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts