Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while everyone around these parts is whinin' about how hot it is and how they are sick of having swamp a$$...we have been heading to the northern parts of the state where the temps are cool and the trails are tacky. Here are some shots from me and a few buddies riding in july:

crashing hard on Holbert trail - Phoenix AZ - 110 degrees

The trails in Flagstaff are awesome. This is one of the best, most progressive riding spots in the state right now:

hittin the gap

a fun little drop that Dangerous Dan hit first...or so we're told:

Prescott has some really good trails too. Here are some video stills of the Costco Dirt Jumps:

Here are some more stills of a rippin fast trail calle F-Tahoe:

Prescott buddy Koon Dog hittin up the jumps on his V10

This is Sunrise ski area...it is our only lift assisted DHin' in AZ - we want it to be the next Whistler but they haven't built any new good trails in 4 years. And they tear down jumps :mad: So we are screwed on that one :D

These are probably the best trails in all of Arizona. The Action Jackson dirt jumps.

Don Hampton and the Chain Reaction 5 crew came out here and did some filming of these jumps. Here's Jason Smith threein' the small pack:

and another random shot:

Arizona has some awesome riding that not many people even know exists. This is our "off" season too...all winter long is when our riding is thriving. We are suffering now (well...not us but most of the AZ riders :D ) but in January I'll post pics and you'll be sad cause yer under 3 feet of snow.

Anyway...just got back a bunch of these pics so I thought I would share.

If you are ever in the area give us a jingle and we'll show you the goods.

Monk
https://www.cactusbike.com

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Realy nice pics and sweet please to have fun but please tell me what happen with the guy in the first pic...is he still alive...!!!?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VIA said:
Realy nice pics and sweet please to have fun but please tell me what happen with the guy in the first pic...is he still alive...!!!?
thanks man. yeah...that was me in the crash. and luckily it didn't phase me. I seem to get beat down waaaay more dirt jumping than trail riding or downhilling. Dirt jumping nearly kills me everytime I go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts