Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was a cannondale fanboy back when i first started riding in 1998, i strictly rode dales for
many many years, they always were ahead of the curve in bike tech... what happened? i just checked the cannondale site only one 29er!?! scalpel, no big hit 29er, or trail, all moountain 29er, c'mon where are the gemini 29er, jekyl 29er, raven, super v, i miss the old innovative cannondle, what happened to the big C?

·
Music & Bikes
1,602 Posts
700 wheels is THE "koolaid" in the US but not in the rest of the world.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your joking right? every manufacturer is making these 29ers because there is demand... where have you been?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i was a cannondale fanboy back when i first started riding in 1998, i strictly rode dales for
many many years, they always were ahead of the curve in bike tech... what happened? i just checked the cannondale site only one 29er!?! scalpel, no big hit 29er, or trail, all moountain 29er, c'mon where are the gemini 29er, jekyl 29er, raven, super v, i miss the old innovative cannondle, what happened to the big C?

Need to look closer, 3 29 models. Just because they don't have 29ers you want does not mean they suck.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
first i was talking about dual suspension 29er, not hardtails. second this thread was not meant to offend, and i never said cannondale sucks... my point is why cannondale has not released an all mountain, big hit, or trail 29er only a race version the scalpel. there is no excuse now, there is plenty 29er specific parts, forks, tires not to do it. im telling you i was a big cannondale fan boy, i have owned many dales super v, ravens, jekyll, prophets, carbon rush, all excellent bikes, the new dales are probably no different but when i first rode a niner jet nine it was a revelation for me, 29ers are the real deal... just wondering why cannondale is sleeping on something like a big hit 29er, the big c could make a bundle of money...

watch this little vid on the niner wfo 9 which i currently ride, this guy admits that he doubted 29ers but now is a convert...
Niner WFO9 Bike Check Video - Pinkbike

·
derp
948 Posts
your joking right? every manufacturer is making these 29ers because there is demand... where have you been?
Just because it's popular in the US doesn't mean it's popular everywhere ... In Europe 29r's never really took off and with the rising populatiry of 650b it's doing to hurt 29r's sales a bit so it makes sense that manufacturers aren't eager to offer the ENTIRE range with 29r's options, specially when carbon molds are expensive to make and initial setup is quite high.

Quite to be expected actually, financially wise at least. And remember that Cannondale falls in the umbrella of another company and producing longer travel bikes would cut in the territory of GT, Cannondale's focus in these past years have been in the XC/Trail market. They still have the AM market covered with the Jekyll but their focus isn't this market for now.

It's all about corporate strategies.

·
Ridin' dirty!
2,089 Posts
I never really jumped onto the 29'er bandwagon, but after testriding a Scalpel 29'er (3) I must say it'll make a very nice trail bike....that thing has massive tubes and pivots, it doesn't resemble a 26'er Scalpel period.
Cannondale should've given it a different name as it is not a XC only race bike.
Suspension also feels like it has more than "only" 100mm.....overall a really sweet bike, but I have personal reasons not to buy one.... ;)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A 29er Jekyll that would be lame. The original poster must be drowning in the koolaid.
and loving it, like thousands of others who have switched, i would probably be riding a cannondale if they offered a bike something like my niner wfo9, or niner rip 9 but they dont...

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
I guess we should be really pissed now since they just came out with the trigger and it is a 26er! Currently not pissed at anyone and not wanting an all mountain 29er.

A 29er is a good crutch for those who don't know how to ride.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why so sensitive you guys? am i offending you? i am asking a legit question, the demand, the market, the parts and technology are all there and i bet the big c could create a banging dual suspension long travel 29er, thats all im sayin...

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,286 Posts
and loving it, like thousands of others who have switched, i would probably be riding a cannondale if they offered a bike something, but they dont...
Yep, 29", single pivot, 6 inches, American made, yes, I use all the travel, and if Cannondale had made it, I'd be riding that one......

Not that there's a thing wrong with Devin's work!

Attachments

·
Ridin' dirty!
2,089 Posts
Why isn't there a lefty on that Lenz bike, Craig?? :nono:

·
Super Moderator
3,237 Posts
I thought 29ers were cool in 2010... isn't it about 650b now? :p
I'm really looking for something right in between 650b and '29er' myself...

Also I am waiting for someone to pioneer a wheel other than Round... Wishing for a rear wheel in a BioPace type lacing..........to maximize my pedal stroke!

Obviously this is tongue in cheek!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts