Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Que je suis bete!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've perused these pages looking at all your beautiful 29ers looking for options on anchoring the front hydro tube to a Fluid 29 130 until the wee hours of the morning. The only thing I have seen is zip ties except for on Drfeelygood's Behemoth. He has some nice looking anchors, but he lives way over there somewhere and hardware stores don't usually look the same from one building-code part of the world to another. Are we, here in America, one of the most consumerism nations in the world, reduced to zip ties? Have we nothing that both anchors and allows the cable to work on compression better than scraping across a zip tie that might or might not hold it on the right side of the tube?

·
Que je suis bete!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thank you, Oliver. I will look into those. See if the lbs has any experience with their adhesive quality.

·
Back in the Saddle Again!
135 Posts
I just ordered a set of Token Power Hooks. I should have them tomorrow, the have a rather ingenious but simple way of connecting. I will follow up in this thread with photos and let you know how they work...

·
HMFIC
370 Posts
neilvan - Where did you source those? They look like a pretty nice solution to the issue, and should be easy to assemble/disassemble if required.

HHL - In case you haven't come across it yet, definitely check out SteveUK's posts in this thread for a very simple but "clean" zip-tie based solution to this issue. I tried this same approach on a recent build and I'm quite pleased with the result. Much cleaner than most simple strap-it-to-the-fork zip tie solutions, and it affords some additional protection against cable rub, depending upon the length of tubing you use.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Nice looking solution. I don't understand why the fork mfr's can't/don't provide cleaner solutions. Heck, even a couple places to install a bottle boss bolt with a P-clip would be light years ahead of what we've got today.

neilvan said:
I just ordered a set of Token Power Hooks. I should have them tomorrow, the have a rather ingenious but simple way of connecting. I will follow up in this thread with photos and let you know how they work...

·
135 Posts
SBK said:
neilvan - Where did you source those? They look like a pretty nice solution to the issue, and should be easy to assemble/disassemble if required.
Just search this auction number at Ebay: 170099131456

They are quite inexpensive...under $10 shipped.

·
135 Posts
anotherbrian said:
I've been looking for these (or their equivalent) for the longest time after seeing them years ago. These are "SRAM Pitstop Disc Brake Tubing Guides". This would mount near the fork crown and allow the cable/hydro line to move during compression:

https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=16696&category=1606
That's what I have right now, the adhesive doesn't last long and the zip tire slides on the fork, it doesn't matter how tight it is...

I got mine with my Avid Full Metal Jacket brake cable set...

·
Que je suis bete!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice solution

Neilvan, those look good. The bands shouldn't slip and look like they could be easily replaced with a stock o-ring seal found at hardware stores or car parts places. Let us know how they mount up and hold. Of course, I might have to get some before you have much chance to abuse them.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I bought two sets - eBay item #
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ccccff"><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap">260099103492</td><td align="right" valign="top">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
135 Posts
So I finally got it tonight when I got home.

It installed very easily as the smaller one (out of two) can be split and placed over the housing before mounting it on the fork. It definitely will stay in place better than the zip-tied cable guide I got with the FMJ cable set as pictured above...

Sorry for the crappy photo quality, I was in a rush...

Got some other goodies in the package as well...

KCNC jockey pulleys:

and KCNC chainring bolts:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Neilvan,

Curious on the jockey pulleys... I spoke to one of the importers and they told me you can't replcae the top XO pulley as it has a special offset from the lower. Are you finding your new pulleys are OK?

Thanks,
James

·
135 Posts
highrustler said:
Neilvan,

Curious on the jockey pulleys... I spoke to one of the importers and they told me you can't replcae the top XO pulley as it has a special offset from the lower. Are you finding your new pulleys are OK?

Thanks,
James
I popped it on no problem at all, I was surprised how easily it went in fact. Check out the Save Some Weight forum here on the KCNC Jockey Pulleys, there is a little more info for you there... ;)

Cheers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts