Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not having a large number of posts on mtbr.com.

I just learned this term that is being used around Shasta City. Refers to mtbers that ride with their seat post at full extension most of the time.

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
he he you didn't mean irie

he he i actually thought it was referring to the "state of mind" of the poster...

i suppose i am a high poster, due to multiple knee injuries i don't find it comfortable to pedal at all without the post being higher than "normal".

·
2012 Race: April 28th!
871 Posts
I haven't heard that term used around here Shiggy. But I don't ride with the baggy shorts and body armor crowd, which is where I'll bet it came from.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
LOL...

Haven't heard that term but it makes sense with the attemped insultive sarcasm that north shore freeriders have said, "Hey nice seatpost!"

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LemurianGuy said:
I haven't heard that term used around here Shiggy. But I don't ride with the baggy shorts and body armor crowd, which is where I'll bet it came from.
Yup, that is the group. Cameron and George (here for the 'Puff) were called that in a bar recently.

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Thank you for asking

Why yes my seatposts are kept pretty high. On my hardtail in the saddle I have to lean over to have my toes touch the ground, on one side ot the other. On the full suspension the same thing applies but with the rear shock compressed I go down some.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've never heard the term befored, and I'm not exacley a spandex-wearing XC geek.

Well....
Yes for smooth XC and road
No for everything else

·
Registered
242 Posts
you mean ride with proper saddle height?

Hell yes!
when the going gets steep and technical, my little office-chair lever under my saddle drops the saddle height three inches so I can ride like a BMXer too.

·
Something's tingling
154 Posts
shiggy said:

I just learned this term that is being used around Shasta City. Refers to mtbers that ride with their seat post at full extension most of the time.
That's me, fixed in place for all mountain riding just a hair past the min. insertion point.

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
lidarman said:
LOL...

Haven't heard that term but it makes sense with the attemped insultive sarcasm that north shore freeriders have said, "Hey nice seatpost!"
Eh? After 12+ years of living and riding in Vancouver, I've never heard that one! Course, my burfday was yesterday, I'm older and more senile.

Kn.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Well I don't ride with a lot of post out ( have a decent bit inside the frame, well above the min insertion point) but I do ride with the seatpost extended so I get a good and strong pedal stroke. On the rarest of occassions I might lower the saddle if a trail is exceedingly an steep, long DH or if I'm on a very tech trail where you aren't seated much and the need to "bail" is a constant and not much room to "lean" the bike over. Once again very rarely do I lower my seat, I've tried to teach myself to ride whatever comes at me with the saddle at the "peoper" height.

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Yep

I'm such a high poster Titus had to make me a custom frame...

I was showing some guys from CA around here in CT a few years ago, when we got to the top of a hill they'd lower their seats, only to raise them again at the bottom. Of course that's normal, but in CT that means they were adjusting their seatposts every 10 mins. Eventually they gave up and just left them up, like the rest of us.

John

·
Your Customer Sales Rep
650 Posts
No ... but I'm sitting on my deck on a beautiful summer evening, listening to the Chilli Peppers & working on my 5th beer. Makes me an "impaired poster", I guess. D.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts