Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between the X0 and X01 cranks except for the spider? In other words, are the crank arms themselves the same?

I'm wanting a set of X0 cranks, but oddly enough it looks like X01 cranks are consistently cheaper.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I have them both and they look and feel identical, the only notable difference being the graphics.

·
Trail Tire TV on blogger
4,237 Posts
if I remember correctly,.. the XO is standard setup for 8-9-10 speed.. Spiders are set for multi rings with 104-64 ring bolts...
Bottom brackets styles are pretty much anything...

the X01's are made for 11 speed, I believe the "arms" are the same but the spider/rings are set for single ring with a 94 Bolt center... Also the BB's are only GXP and BB30 from what I've heard.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I am assuming as well, but not exactly why I was looking into this. I really just wanted the arms so I could run a Wolf direct mount narrow-wide style single ring in a 1x10 setup. From all my searching the X01 cranks were always cheaper than the X0's. I ended up finding a steal of a deal on some new 170mm X0 cranks on ebay ($239 including GXP BB), so my idea of buying X01 cranks for cheaper than X0's didn't happen.

New 2014 SRAM XO 2x10 Speed 10sp Crank Crankset 170mm 24 38 with BB | eBay

Direct Mount for SRAM GXP Cranks ? wolftoothcomponents.com

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
That is what I am assuming as well, but not exactly why I was looking into this. I really just wanted the arms so I could run a Wolf direct mount narrow-wide style single ring in a 1x10 setup. From all my searching the X01 cranks were always cheaper than the X0's. I ended up finding a steal of a deal on some new 170mm X0 cranks on ebay ($239 including GXP BB), so my idea of buying X01 cranks for cheaper than X0's didn't happen.

New 2014 SRAM XO 2x10 Speed 10sp Crank Crankset 170mm 24 38 with BB | eBay

Direct Mount for SRAM GXP Cranks ? wolftoothcomponents.com
So you converted the XO 2X to a 1X and you didn't need the direct mount?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you converted the XO 2X to a 1X and you didn't need the direct mount?
Actually just got the cranks in the mail today, so I haven't actually done anything yet. But the plan is to take the 2x10 spider off the X0 cranks and replace them with a direct mount single ring from Wolf to run 1x10 spiderless.

Another question though...seems that "2014 X0" doesn't actually mean 2014 and the items actually being sold on ebay were manufactured near the end of 2011. So new question...

Has anything changed on the X0 cranks between 2011 and now?

·
Registered
258 Posts
i converted my x0 double ring spider to a spider off of an xx1 crank. same boilt pattern and spline pattern, works beautifully. you can swap double and single ring spiders throughout xx1, x01, xo and x9 without any problems. Just be sure to get gxp or bb30 accordingly to what you have. that being said, i have an entire 2x xo0 setup for sale, shifter, direct mount front derailer and spider with chainrings that will fit gxp cranks.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Does this also hold true to the CX1 crank? Those arms can be found cheap.
Reviving an old thread here, I am interested in this subject. I already have DM chainrings and the cx1 cranks can be had a lot cheaper than x01. Anyone know if they are the same aside from the spider?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
CX1 cranks are not the same, they have a narrower Q-Factor and bottom bracket. They would likely not fit a mountain bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts