Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going blind trying to determine the best way to build up a 32h WTB Dual Duty 29er rim. Maybe I have just been looking at the rim too long, but I cannot figure out which hole to use for my key spoke. Usually it takes 1/4 of a second to figure out how the rim is drilled but with the WTB I cannot figure it out.

Anyone know if they are drilled left or right?

Man, I'm cornfused!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
apacherider said:
I think I'm going blind trying to determine the best way to build up a 32h WTB Dual Duty 29er rim. Maybe I have just been looking at the rim too long, but I cannot figure out which hole to use for my key spoke. Usually it takes 1/4 of a second to figure out how the rim is drilled but with the WTB I cannot figure it out.

Anyone know if they are drilled left or right?

Man, I'm cornfused!
Lay the rim flat on the floor and measure from the floor to the spoke holes.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike T. said:
Put the rim over your head like a halo. Lower it until the spoke holes are in front of your eyes. It's easy to see which are the upper & lower holes. Don't let anyone see you doing this.
That sounds weird enough to try!

I guess since it's a large 700c hoop for a 29er, that as the circumference gets larger, the drilling becomes less and less acute?

Part of my problem is I decided to start goofing around with the rim about midnight last night after building two bikes, rebuilding a fork and a hub. I was a little cross-eyed at that point but wanted to at least get the pulling spokes put in on the drive side. Drove me nuts trying to figure out what hole to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.