Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tired of buying expensive forks just to find out 2-3 years later, I cant get parts (Dorado) anyway I hear white bros. is very good about having service parts for a while but was wondering how they stack up against the rest?

Thanks

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
spokewrench said:
I am tired of buying expensive forks just to find out 2-3 years later, I cant get parts (Dorado) anyway I hear white bros. is very good about having service parts for a while but was wondering how they stack up against the rest?

Thanks
a good fork...but Marzocchi is the best

·
crumb
890 Posts
spokewrench said:

Thanks
Juanjos Dh-something had survied the cracking of like 4 frames and is still running strong.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
a good fork...but Marzocchi is the best
You've obviously never owned a WB dh fork :D

I went from a WB dh3 to a 888 and other than the lateral stiffness, the WBs are better built forks. Literally the only reason I got the 888 is that it's a stiffer steering fork in a bunch of chop.

I could leave that thing without an oil change for a year as opposed to the stinky mess my 888 makes out of oil in 6 rides. Plus there's no goofy little c-clip to lose to set preload. (I think the 06 888s did away with this though.)

WB has a new fork out called the "groove" which is just as stiff as my 888. If my zoke dies, I'll probably be getting one. The manufacturing is quite a step above.

That said, both are really good choices. My top two.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
WB forks are great.

spokewrench said:

Thanks
I love my DH 2.00 it is super stiff and really tuneable. They are not cheap 1300 but they are the best feeing fork I have tried. I am so glad I didn't buy a manipoo or a Boxxer. No way they would have made it through two dh seasons

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ace_Jellyfish said:
does anybody know the weight of the WB?
7.1 lbs.

and U r right Jim... my White Bros. is unblrakealbe and a amazing fork...WB is right about "the soner u buy one-- the longer u'll own it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.