Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
From what I remember....

Being posted on this board, I think the company went out of business. I seem to recall that there was some frame breakage issues also. If it were Me , it would have to be a great deal if the frame had no warrantey behind it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I love mine, I don't know what I will do if it breaks. Tim is no longer building frames.
It is a very light, great riding, quality frame.
Did you see the black one on ebay?

DiRt DeViL said:
Saw a good deal on a 2 Circles SS EBB aluminum frame and I'm wondwering about the quality, etc of it.

I've seen pics of them posted here but don't have any other info.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have had zero problems with mine. I weight 150 lbs and ride fairly techinical single track. I have broken other frames in the past. I have only heard of one frame that has been broken. It was posted on this board a while ago.
The only similar frame that I know of is tha Salsa, Juan Solo, but the geometry if much different.
btw, the top tube length that is given in the ebay ad is probably actual, the effective TT is 23"

DiRt DeViL said:
Yes I did and that's why I asked. Are they durable? I don't mind not having a warranty that much but if I can get my hands on a similar one with warranty I'll go that way.

·
Registered
459 Posts
DiRt DeViL said:
Thanks for sharing you experience and for the TT comment, 23" is a bit long for me. I guess will let this one go by.

Do you know where I can find an EBB frame for about $400?
Not that I can think of....maybe a sliding drop out frame would easier to find in that price range. How about the Kona Unit? although they have fairly long top tubes as well.

Are you going to be running disc brakes? What frame do you have now?

·
Registered
459 Posts
DiRt DeViL said:
Yes, I'm running disk on an old Supergo Access frame.
I think I would check out the Kona Unit or Explossive. They have vertical drop out and are disc friendly. It should be right around $400-450.
The salsa juan solo would be nice, but I think they are more like $700.
Good luck with your quest :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hey Todd,

I'm also interested in that left-over Two Circles, since the length seems right on for me.

One question though, I like to ride with the handlebars lower than the seat and was wondering if I would get a good position. I'm 5'6" with a 31" inseam approx.

Thanks !

Maurice

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine broke

Mine broke right at the weld between the chainstay and dropout
after about a year of hard riding.

Until that happened, I swore I'd never want another frame - I really
liked it.

I sent all the measurements to Tom Teasdale and had him build
me up identical geometry in 853 steel - corrected just a tiny bit
for a 100mm fork. He charged $800, which is what I payed for
the 2 Circles in the first place. I think the Teasdale is like .2
pounds heavier. He also builds EBB ss in Zona for $675, but it
will be a good bit weightier.

Anyway, Tom said that he would attempt to repair the 2 Circles
for me, but obviously could not warranty such a repair. I've still
got the frame lying around - just in case. It was a super-sweet
rig until it broke.

ZB

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think that that frame would be a bit on the big side for you. I like to have a nice sloping top tube on my frames.Also, I like to have a ton of standover. A 23" TT seems pretty long for someone 5'6". What stem length do you run?
My wife is 5'6" with a 31" inseam, she rides a 17" C-T with a 22.3 effective TT and a 120mm stem.
I am 5'10.5" with a 33" inseam. That frame on ebay looks to be the same size as mine. What Tim called a 18. It is 18" C-T and around 16.5 C-C with a 23" effective TT.

Maurice said:
Hey Todd,

I'm also interested in that left-over Two Circles, since the length seems right on for me.

One question though, I like to ride with the handlebars lower than the seat and was wondering if I would get a good position. I'm 5'6" with a 31" inseam approx.

Thanks !

Maurice

·
Registered
573 Posts
I like short stems for better handling downhill, I currently have a 90mm stem and the fit is just right. And my current TT length is indeed 23", again spot on.

It's been a while since I didn't measure my inseam and 31" is just an approximation as I said. I'll have to measure correctly.

Maurice

·
Registered
459 Posts
Maurice said:
I like short stems for better handling downhill, I currently have a 90mm stem and the fit is just right. And my current TT length is indeed 23", again spot on.

It's been a while since I didn't measure my inseam and 31" is just an approximation as I said. I'll have to measure correctly.

I gotcha, your running a really short stem. Your stand over should still be fine with a 31" inseam. As for your bar height, I would think that you could keep your bars pretty low.

The only pic I could find of my bike, shows it with my Fox set at 100mm, the frame is correct to 80mm. Shortly after I build it I set the fork to 80mm and the bars are much lower now. They are several inches below my saddle.

Attachments

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
kona are online at...

bikeman.com, if i remember correctly. i'd get that...a warranty, sweet geometry, sliding dropouts...and it's STEEL!

about $400 or so.

cheers!

DiRt DeViL said:
Who sells Kona on-line?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.