Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I live to bike
2,450 Posts
no. If you want an AC, you will have to buy used. But the Reign is better than the AC, anyway.

Edit: I just noticed you were in Australia. According to Giant's site, you at least still have them for '06. They've started updating the site for '07 models, but don't have the high end mtb. My guess is you will not have them for '07. But you should still be able to get your hands on an '06. (They discontinued the AC in the US after '05)

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
chris10123 said:
Are They Still Making Giant AC's cause i cant fine them on the website?
HELP
:thumbsup: Chris:thumbsup:
No but they still have all the AC's spec/geometry info on their website archieve. You should be able to pick up a used AC frame on Ebay for around $400. I see them from time to time for that price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
steer clear of 05 and 06 AC's

from what i've heard, the quality of the AC took a bit of a nose-dive after 2004, so i'd stay away from 05 and 06's. the 2001-2004 models are fairly inexpensive, as has been noted.
my 01 AC is a blast, and was pretty cheap too. can't beat that!

·
I live to bike
2,450 Posts
gsmolin said:
from what i've heard, the quality of the AC took a bit of a nose-dive after 2004, so i'd stay away from 05 and 06's. the 2001-2004 models are fairly inexpensive, as has been noted.
my 01 AC is a blast, and was pretty cheap too. can't beat that!
yeah, here in the US, once the Reign and Faith came out, the AC became a budget-level bike with low end components. I assume, but may be wrong, that the frame was still made with the same material. But, yeah, an 05 US AC would be expensive to upgrade to the level it used to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.