Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a yak roof rack but with price of gas, want to try a trunk rack. I figure less drag. I use to have old trunk rack back in 90's but straps on trunk held well but sometimes loosened up. So has the quality improved or not? I read some reviews on the saris bones and most had to say not to buy one until it is redesign. Or just stay with my roof rack?

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,549 Posts
Atomic300 said:
I currently have a yak roof rack but with price of gas, want to try a trunk rack. I figure less drag. I use to have old trunk rack back in 90's but straps on trunk held well but sometimes loosened up. So has the quality improved or not? I read some reviews on the saris bones and most had to say not to buy one until it is redesign. Or just stay with my roof rack?
The Saris Bones was the best one that we sold, I had one myself for a while. Realize that they'll all use straps and need to be tightened occasionally, they'll all eventually mar the finish and paint where they attach/rub, and they're all not nearly as secure as a rack. With that realization, the Bones is one of the most secure, but trunk racks are more of a temporary or "less often used" way to transport a bike.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Not unless...

Atomic300 said:
... somebody figured out how to make one that doesn't touch the paint.

Hitch racks are the way to go, IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.