Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. None of the hubs on Chosen's site look like the 3.30s

I just took a look at Stan's site I don't see anything resembling the 3.30s on Chosen's site.

I could have sworn someone mentioned that Stan's hubs were made by Chosen.

I'm really looking for an inexpensive (read Chinese) hub that has the same end caps as Stan's or Sun Ringle'. So that they would be easily convertible.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Arent Stans and Sun Ringle products made in the same place?
I believe so, and I'm pretty sure Chosen makes both of them...I was more saying that the hubs seen on the Ebay page are no guarantee they are Chosen and since they come from China there is no real recourse if they are not.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The stans 3.30 freehub is stamped with a chosen part number.. Maybe that would help. I can't find the image but I've seen a close up of a disassembled stans hub not that long ago..

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If we could get the part number that would be super helpful.

Irv_usc,

If we could get that part number that would make life much better. The Stan's and WTB mIght have the same internals, but I think the WTB (at least on the Black Flag wheel) is straight pull.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Irv_usc,

If we could get that part number that would make life much better. The Stan's and WTB mIght have the same internals, but I think the WTB (at least on the Black Flag wheel) is straight pull.
You mean Stans and Sun-Ringle...WTB hubs are designed by Bill Shook of American Classic fame so they strongly resemble AC hubs.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still looking for a source for reasonably priced convertible hubs

Can the convertible Sun Ringle' or Stan's 3.30 hubs be purchased separate from wheel sets?

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts