Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They came on my new Stumpy Comp. The only problem is that I have gotten more flats in the last 3 weeks than I got in 3 months on my old bike (my old bike has WTB v raptors front and rear). Are the Resolution tires prone to flats, or have I just been unlucky?

Also what tires would you recomend?
I want something that has good traction for loose technical climbs... something like the v-raptors. other than that I ride alot of single track with a good mix of terrain, but not much mud.

thanks,

Eric

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
The Resolution is a very good tire. I think you have been unlucky. Play with your tire pressure if they have been pinch flats.

It is not the best rear tire for technical climbs. A Hutchinson Spider, Nokian NBX or Schwalbe Albert would be better.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No pinch flats yet, so far on all the flats they have been very small punctures. I know 2 of them were from star thistle because I found them stuck in the tire. I never gave a second thought to blackberry vines let alone dumb little star thistle on my old bike.

Maybe I should try running tire slime? will that help with the small stuff? I have never used it before.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Agree with Shig... not the best tyre for techie stuff. Very good on intermediate to loose soils. Kinda sucky on loose over hardpack climbs where the central row of knobs doesn't allow for quick traction recovery. It also has a drifting, vague feel on loose over hardpack.

It's really nice anywhere else, but looks like it wouldn't like thick mud. For wet mud is very nice too.

I run an Specialized Adrenaline (old name for the Resolution) 2.00, rear tyre, Comp version (70 Duro, wire bead).

No flats up to now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.