Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can U use Shiver springs in a 888 ??
I know they use the same seals and innerlegs are the same outer diameter(huhh)
But inside ?
Just sold my 170mm Shiver (same springs as the 190 Shiver) , but kept the hard springs
as I wanted a 190mm Shiver for my 2003 StinkyDee (7" rear) , but now Im having second thought and might want to get a 200mm 888 instead.
yeahh some of U might say that a 200mm 888 will be too long etc etc , but I just rode a 17/M 7" 2003 Stab (same frame as my StinkyDee) with a 200mm 888 with stock crowns and it looked and rode just fine , it wasnt slacker in HA than a fullblown DH bike.
Cheers

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
I don't know about Shiver springs vs. 888 springs

But I can tell you for sure that there are several "budget minded" 888 forks in the classified section of mtbr.

you could, for example buy my fork and "see how nice your stinky would be"

·
Registered
593 Posts
caspar said:
Can U use Shiver springs in a 888 ??
I know they use the same seals and innerlegs are the same outer diameter(huhh)
But inside ?
Just sold my 170mm Shiver (same springs as the 190 Shiver) , but kept the hard springs
as I wanted a 190mm Shiver for my 2003 StinkyDee (7" rear) , but now Im having second thought and might want to get a 200mm 888 instead.
yeahh some of U might say that a 200mm 888 will be too long etc etc , but I just rode a 17/M 7" 2003 Stab (same frame as my StinkyDee) with a 200mm 888 with stock crowns and it looked and rode just fine , it wasnt slacker in HA than a fullblown DH bike.
Cheers
NO! The stanchions are different sizes too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.