Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Big Mac
4,981 Posts
Granted since this post started in 2004, and has continued since 2012, now it is 2014 and it still may be in question. I have contacted each of the major groups Shimano, Sram, and Campagnolo. Though Campagnolo is mainly all road parts since 1933 still made to this day in Italy where they are more concerned with quality than profit, which is what it is all boiled down to. I prefer to drive a Porsche than drive a chevette.
Ok great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Granted since this post started in 2004, and has continued since 2012, now it is 2014 and it still may be in question. I have contacted each of the major groups Shimano, Sram, and Campagnolo. Though Campagnolo is mainly all road parts since 1933 still made to this day in Italy where they are more concerned with quality than profit, which is what it is all boiled down to. I prefer to drive a Porsche than drive a chevette.
Campagnolo Veloce is made in Taiwan.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
And "Thread Dredging" is confined to Thursday's.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Good parts come down to great materials, engineering and tooling. Just because someone is Chinese doesn't mean they're any less capable of putting a couple parts on a riveter, hitting a button, and making a final product.

I'd prefer to use well-engineered parts made in China than crap made by anyone else. It really just takes the ability to enforce quality control.
thank you for saying this... we are human beings on this earth, does it really matter where we live and what language we speak ?? really...

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have heard that but I don't think it is true. The only manufacturing that Campagnolo has outside of Italy is in Romania

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
thank you for saying this... we are human beings on this earth, does it really matter where we live and what language we speak ?? really...
Yes it does matter.
Whenever possible, it is best to support countries and corporations that treat their people fairly.
Chinese citizens have no free speech, no freedom of religion, no ability to travel freely, no liberties. They are still an oppressive communist country.

Unfortunately i have admit that I am typing this out on a Chinese made iPhone.

·
Registered
975 Posts
First, not a single post was made in 2004.. all were from 2008, with the exception of one in 2013, then yours...

not ALL are still made in Italy...

none are made for Mountain Bikes... (We are on MTBr after all)

are you sure youre driving a Porsche? maybe its an Oltcit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it does matter.
Whenever possible, it is best to support countries and corporations that treat their people fairly.
Chinese citizens have no free speech, no freedom of religion, no ability to travel freely, no liberties. They are still an oppressive communist country.

Unfortunately i have admit that I am typing this out on a Chinese made iPhone.
I agree it is better to support countries with a good humanitarian record but China has taken more people out of poverty than any country ever before in the history of the world..chinese citizens have some free speech, have the ability to travel freely but with their social credit system less freely for some/many.. No liberties? they have some liberties but probably not as many as where you are writting from but you are not in a country with 1.7 billion people that has only relatively recently embraced capitalism.. last point china does not see itself as communist anymore and if you look up what a communist country is; it is a classless, stateless, moneyless society.. china is none of these.. China has come a long way in its manufacturing and as someone above stated it is almost inevitable it will become like taiwan or japan in its quality of production and price.. it is almost impossible to buy things that some part of it is not made in china.. the uk and the usa govts have caused 60 million people (not in their own countries of course) to be displaced since 2002.do i avoid their products?. things are complex..

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
I agree it is better to support countries with a good humanitarian record but China has taken more people out of poverty than any country ever before in the history of the world..chinese citizens have some free speech, have the ability to travel freely but with their social credit system less freely for some/many.. No liberties? they have some liberties but probably not as many as where you are writting from but you are not in a country with 1.7 billion people that has only relatively recently embraced capitalism.. last point china does not see itself as communist anymore and if you look up what a communist country is; it is a classless, stateless, moneyless society.. china is none of these.. China has come a long way in its manufacturing and as someone above stated it is almost inevitable it will become like taiwan or japan in its quality of production and price.. it is almost impossible to buy things that some part of it is not made in china.. the uk and the usa govts have caused 60 million people (not in their own countries of course) to be displaced since 2002.do i avoid their products?. things are complex..

Excellent job resurrecting a thread 7 years dead.

·
Registered
67 Posts
China changed from communism to fascism. Evidently there are still apologists and appeasers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
China changed from communism to fascism. Evidently there are still apologists and appeasers.
apologists ? i m not apologising for anything. you can call a political movement or country whatever you like but its quite meaningless.. the dprk calls itself a democracy but is it?.. would i prefer to live in the usa r china? usa thanks .. thats not what this thread was / is about.. is china fascist ? its certainly very authoritarian but at the same time its a better place to live than when mao was about im sure. fascist? i wouldnt call it that.. id be more afraid of the us destabilizing the entire world than china tbh.. so where am i an apologist or appeasing ? sounds to me like you did not digest one word of what i said above and were just triggered..

21 - 32 of 32 Posts