Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Zee brakes that use the older I spec b mounts and my new shimano 12s shifter uses I spec ev. Wolftooth has their shiftmount adapter to mount them together for $30. Is it worth it over traditional separate handlebar clamps for both the shifter and brake? Basically, aside from aesthetic, is there really any pro to the adapters like the one mentioned or problem solvers mismatch?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have some Zee brakes that use the older I spec b mounts and my new shimano 12s shifter uses I spec ev. Wolftooth has their shiftmount adapter to mount them together for $30. Is it worth it over traditional separate handlebar clamps for both the shifter and brake? Basically, aside from aesthetic, is there really any pro to the adapters like the one mentioned or problem solvers mismatch?
Aesthetics is main thing for these adapters, hand and shifter position can usually be achieved the same with separate clamps. Also when crashing its better sometimes to have separate clamps to maybe change only shifter or brake lever as they are not connected together (depends highly on crash).

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
The ispec B mount isn't really all that good. It limits the adjustment of the shifter body. You have no front to back movement of the lever. If you're finicky about the shifter placement...then you're better of with the bar clamp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.