Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
duotone said:
Nope sorry.

The freehub is steel (ala a shimano unit. LX or XT normally - though did see there could be a XTR retrofit somewhere on the web.)

Hubshell is aluminum.

The only thing I am not sure about was the axle. I wasn't even sure when I owned a set.

The Bombshell was supposed to have a Titanium axle, but the Superfly's were supposed to be more of a budget build.

Only thing I could find out about 'em was HERE

JmZ

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hey Duotone welcome back! Been a while since you posted. That bike looks great! Wish you the best of luck with those hubs. Have seen a bunch of them that just didn't want to stay in one piece.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I like it :thumbsup:

here's a nuke proof hub maintenance sheet I've got sitting on my harddrive.
My carbon shelled ones are still going strong *knocks on wood* I have replaced the bearings & freehub on the rear one over the years.

Attachments

·
unemployed team mechanic
157 Posts
I got a set of those in 1999 or so, they set me back 199 retail for the pair. axles are aluminum if i recall right. as mentioned the free-hubs are shimano units, Bikes USA tried to talk me out of them at one time saying the free-hubs were junk. rode those wheels until 2003 replaced bearings and free-hub once..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.