Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have seen some people list Lefty forks specifying that they came from a size large or small bike. Does this mean that Lefty forks differ in length depending on frame size? I would think not but just wanted to make sure before I buy one. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
primetime4 said:
Hello All,

I have seen some people list Lefty forks specifying that they came from a size large or small bike. Does this mean that Lefty forks differ in length depending on frame size? I would think not but just wanted to make sure before I buy one. Thanks.
Probably has more to do with what the steer tube length was cut down to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no steer tube cutting with a Lefty fork from what I understand. Similar to a Headshok, the head tubes should all be the same size regardless of bike size and the steer tube presses into the headset bearings. It's the fork leg that may or may not be longer to accomodate the larger frame size and standover.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It also appears that the spring is different depending on the size frame the fork was sold with...so a small will most likely not include a brown or black (firm) spring unless it has been modified

·
Registered
69 Posts
it's all about the spring. they are rated for different weights!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.