Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking for my first clipless pedals (on a mountain bike at least).

Forte Carve pedals are lightweight, less than 300 gr according to the Performance web site, they are inexpensive, and the few comments I have been able to find are generally positive. There are no reviews on MTBR though, any body have experience with these pedals ?

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
InvictaS1 said:
i would be willing to bet that those are just rebranded Wellgo pedals.

i'd probably just go with shimano 520's or eggbeater C's.
X2! I used to work for Performance. During my time there, I sold them but I didn't offer to recommend them. Carves are okay, but for the same price you can get 520's and have a better pedal. The difference in weight is 3oz.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've been using a pair of Carves on my year-round commuter for a couple years now, they seem to be holding up pretty well. A little surface rust on the non-aluminum parts (adjustment bits mostly). I can't speak to how they would hold up to rock-strikes though.

·
I like turtles
6,350 Posts
They work great; been running them on my SS for a while now. You just can't beat lightweight pedals for ~$35. They are just shimano knock-offs, likely Wellgo. You can't go wrong with these.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.