Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
angelic fruitcake said:
Thanks
What is SAPA ?
SAPA is a mfgr, fabricator, and anadizer in Portland Or. Turner bikes are fabbed there. EW bikes have historically been done by Kenisis...also in Portland. Kenisis makes EW bikes, some Santa Cruz bikes, and frames for some other companies.

I might have missed something that has recently changed, but AFAIK, EW does not get their frames from SAPA.
SAPA Anodizing

Also, Mountain Cycle was bought by Kenisis
Kinesis, like SAPA has plants in various countries. Some SC bikes are made overseas, many/most of the other brands/models are mfg'd in the US.
Kinesis global

I think both Kenisis and SAPA make their own tubesets but also fab frames with custom sets supplied by whomever the bike company chooses to go with. I guess this didn't answer your question about Easton tubes eh?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Internet

Always a great source of misinformation.
(That Bicycle Retailer typo has surely been getting a lot of mileage on these boards)

Getting back to the topic, No, Ellsworth Bicycles does not currently use any Easton tube sets. Ellsworth Bicycles uses proprietary custom drawn 6000 series aluminum tubes which are butted, manipulated, and tapered, per our specifications.

·
Registered
79 Posts
steve3 said:
Trevor, how is that smartass?

First, all of you guys were directly questioned by a poster about if his new 2002 Truth is one of the frames known for cracking. EW responded, as well as others, but no one answered his q on the cracking. You were good enough to give him info on getting a cute EW head badge, though. His SO spent tojns of money on that frame and you guys should be giving him good info instead of conspicuously supressing it.

Next, I directly posted a q for EW bikes on why the site still says "LIFETIME WARRANTY" on it. I have said it in the past. That's misinformation directly from them. The site still hasn't changed after all these months and says much for EW's reputation for integrity.

A new buyer, wouldn't you want him to know all the facts? Especially when his SO bought the bike frame for him? Wouldn't that suck for them if the frame broke and he had zero warranty coverage? EW didn't address that (he did include that he has a warranty card).

The fact of the matter is if EW wanted the dealers to stop publishing "Easton", they'd have done it.
Hey Steven who the fock said you could crawl out from under that slimey rock?...go away shithead!!
as always, xxxooo MP p.s. I do realize there is definitley a problem with Ellsworth but I believe everybody here knows that. So wheres that rock?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Sometimes.

Trevor! said:
Is that what you're here for? To help with unnecessary smart ass comments?

:rolleyes:
For the most part, I keep my thoughts on this subject to myself. (I know THAT is hard to beleive.) However, I find it difficult to stomach some of the CARP being spewed by the folks at Ellsworth bikes.

There are questions asked of that company that are ignored on a regular basis. I find that to be horrible.

If someone has a hard time with the topic line, that is the way it goes sometimes. (right up to the point that a thread is closed or censored, anyways.)

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
steve3 said:
Yes, trevor actually had a thread deleted on the weight weenies board. I was in the thread and trevor didn't like some of the things I said and made a deplorable show of himself. He was threatening to go on the Turner boards to mess things up there. I called him on it and then the thread was deleted. Yeah, right after I made mention of how he misunderstood me, I believe.

I thought moderators shouldn't be threatening to go onto another board to mess things up there. I told him to go right ahead. I believe the thread was deleted because it displayed poor judgement on Trevor's part.
You are very wrong Steve.

I was asked to remove that thread by the original poster because as you would agree the thread got well out of hand.I can send you a copy of the personal message requesting the removal

Second, I never threatened to actually go to the Turner board to mess things up - You missed my point yet again.

---

Originally Posted by Cannonhead
Please, if possible, delete the thread regarding the Egg Beaters that took a beating, and kept on ticking (or did they??? if you ask some).

I've learned something about my situation, and about some of the postings, and about myself in my reactions to some of the postings.

If you could delete the post, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ryan aka Cannonhead

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
What's trevor doing? Isn't he a moderator? Oh yeah, he's rides an EW and is carefully crafting a retort to my post right now:

Trevor!
Aussie!

Last Activity: 1 Hour Ago 07:22 AM
Replying to Thread Are Ellsworth bikes made of Easton - 1 Hour
Why would I be carefully crafting a retort?

I owe nothing to anyone who asks questions the forums.

BTW, when you look at what members are doing on the forums when you see activity of 1 Hour ago, the chance is they have gone off line.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trevor! said:
Why would I be carefully crafting a retort?

I owe nothing to anyone who asks questions the forums.

BTW, when you look at what members are doing on the forums when you see activity of 1 Hour ago, the chance is they have gone off line.
Can you fellas continue your *****fighting on a private e-mail session. Genuine readers have no interest in this garbage.

Trev great idea pls delete this thread from the Ellsworth reply on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
angelic fruitcake said:
tubing or not ?
If so, what type aluminium grade ?
Thanks
My Truth has Easton Elite 60 6061 Taperwall tubing. Its older but has never cracked or given me problems through a variety of terrain. I'm not a small guy either. At 6'1, 195 lbs, I put a lot of stress on my bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts