Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of buddies that are real sticklers for it and were busting my balls over riding the big S because of it.
One of them rode a Trek but said it was a model made in Wisconsin, I called ******** but turns out he was correct, they still make a few of their higher end frames in the states.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Tell your buddies that unless they want a custom made frame then good luck next time they buy a bike if they want to find one that is truly made stateside. There are a few smaller manuafacturers, but you will pay a premium. Even the Trek's are across the pond now with the exception of MAYBE their projection 1 road bikes.

·
Trail Rider
1,854 Posts
BostonBoy said:
Even the Trek's are across the pond now with the exception of MAYBE their projection 1 road bikes.
Not quite...

Current 2011 frames made in Waterloo Wisconsin are:

Mountain OCLV frames (Remedy, Top Fuel, Fuel EX, 9.9 ssl hardtail, Superfly) and the 6 series Madone frames (not just the project one bikes which do use the 6 series frames).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.