Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike has a 150 mm dropper post, thinking I’m going to need to switch to something with just a little less height. Can I use my existing lever or do I need to swap that to match the post?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,165 Posts
Some droppers employ the cable’s ferruled end at the base of the dropper. Others employ it at the lever end.
So no, they’re not all the same.
Examples (both of which I own):
One Up Components = ferrule at base of post
BikeYoke = ferrule at lever
=sParty

· Registered
899 Posts
Some dropper posts use the built in end stop on the shifter cable. The only restriction is that both the dropper post and the lever can’t use the built in end stop. Neither one using it is fine.

· Registered
41 Posts
As mentioned already, some droppers use the cable head at the lever and some at the dropper. You can use any combination with the help of barrel nut adapters or cable stop crimps. We have a few in our parts for special types of fitment combinations.

All PNW Components droppers use the cable head at the post and our levers have a pinch bolt to secure the other end. If for example you are wanting to use a dropper lever that needs the cable head to attach to the lever you could use a barrel nut on the dropper side like this (this is only is for our internally routed droppers but we have a few others) >> DROPPER POST BARREL NUT REPLACEMENT - PNW Components

There are also other styles of barrel nuts and some mimic the cable head so depending on what lever and dropper combo you have there is always a way to make it work.... with the exception of using the Rock Shox Reverb or AXS, no luck there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.