Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got a pair of five tens and they seem pretty sick. They seem like they would help with arch fatigue. I was just wondering how many of you guys think they are worth the 100 bucks?

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
CountryBoy said:
My friend just got a pair of five tens and they seem pretty sick. They seem like they would help with arch fatigue. I was just wondering how many of you guys think they are worth the 100 bucks?
100 bucks?!? Damn inflation... :madman:

Yes they're worth it. Comfy, grippy, comfy. Did I say grippy? Yes they're worth it. :thumbsup:

·
KEEP ROLLING
379 Posts
they grip very well sometimes its hard to move your foot. they are also very rigid and will protect your toes if you bash them. just avoid sliding your foot on slick rock or tar the sticky rubber wears down fast but nothing to worry about. go for the low rise my friend has the high rise and wished he got the low ;)

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
CountryBoy said:
Absolutely !

Best platform shoes available on the planet.

If you shop around, you can find them cheaper.

Whatever you pay though, they are worth it.

R.

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
Yes... 100% worth it. It feels incredibly weird riding in anything else than 5.10's. Best shoe for flats ever, hands down.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
combatkimura said:
Very worth it, get the high tops my cousin's college roomate's uncle's accountant got the lows and wishes he got the highs.
:lol: :lol:

G

·
Yes, worth every penny. I have the low tops right now, will be getting the Rennie editions soon. I feel incomplete riding without them (DH, FR, AM, XC, DJ---what's clipless?)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My nephew's sister's father's father's son's brother rides the low tops, but uses the 661 ankle biters for a little extra ankle protection with the freedom of movement that the low tops provide. Best combo in my nephew's sister's father's father's son's brother's opinion.

I do know a lot of people who prefer basic skate shoes for dirt jumping, because of the need for quick adjustments, but for DH they rule.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Rennie

congarong said:
they grip very well sometimes its hard to move your foot. they are also very rigid and will protect your toes if you bash them. just avoid sliding your foot on slick rock or tar the sticky rubber wears down fast but nothing to worry about. go for the low rise my friend has the high rise and wished he got the low ;)
The Rennies are 3/4 and have the benefits of the high and low. I need to buy a few more pairs and keep them in my closet for down the road.

·
NEWBIE WAN KENOBI
357 Posts
yes the 510 shoes are worth it !

pretty much the best shoes for flat pedals ive ever owned, ive tried van's waffle bottom and different kinds of skater shoes but they are nowhere close as far as grip vs the 510's.

i say you invest on that and i will guaranty you that you would never go back ! and it will save you some money buying those 50 - 60 dollars skater shoes.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.