Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the 29x2.25 Ralphs lighter than the 29x2.1 Maxxis Crossmarks. I'm running Crossmarks now, and wonder how much weight I'd loose. I'm looking for a good race day tire.
thanks

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
supersquad3 said:
Are the 29x2.25 Ralphs lighter than the 29x2.1 Maxxis Crossmarks. I'm running Crossmarks now, and wonder how much weight I'd loose. I'm looking for a good race day tire.
thanks
Hmmm, I'd imagine they are about the same.

In 26x2.1 I have the UST crossmarks ~730g
In 26x2.25 I have the standard RR's ~515g

I'd say the two you mentioned (29x2.1 vs 29x2.25) would be within 50g / tire. But this is conjecture only.

Schwalbe list accurate weights on their site. So just throw your crossmark on a scale and you will have your answer.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I've been running crossmarks on both bikes for a year. They weigh (standard tires, not any sort of tubeless edition) in at 625 (+-5g).

That said- I'd happily run a set of RRs over the Crossmark. The crossmark is just a tire to me, nothing great, no huge problems either. I dont' find it excels anywhere but works OK in alot of terrain. The RR is considerably more pricey and might have a weaker sidewall but I'd still take the traction and balloon effet of the CMs.

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
Johnny Chicken Bones said:
I've been running crossmarks on both bikes for a year. They weigh (standard tires, not any sort of tubeless edition) in at 625 (+-5g).

That said- I'd happily run a set of RRs over the Crossmark. The crossmark is just a tire to me, nothing great, no huge problems either. I dont' find it excels anywhere but works OK in alot of terrain. The RR is considerably more pricey and might have a weaker sidewall but I'd still take the traction and balloon effet of the CMs.
Also I checked the Schwalbe website and they list :

29x2.25 with snakeskin at 630g
29x2.25 at 580g

I also much prefer my RR's to my CrossMarks, no question. Perhaps the day I tear the sidewall on the trail I'll re-evaluate, until then, I'm still planning on ordering a set for my 29er also.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My crossmarks weighed in at 637 and 663.. I think claimed is 575.. so way off the mark.. I weighed an Ignitor the other day at LBS and it was 603 so only 28g more than advertised...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts