Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never win nothing-until now.

I'm the grand prize winner of the NoTubes giveaway and I selected a set of the new Notubes Arch rims laced to American Classic singlespeed hubs.

Light(940 and 780 rear and front), easily mounted tires and aired up well. Using the yellow rim strip only, 2oz in each tire(Resolution andNevegal) I was able to inflate both tires with a floor pump, no problem. No seepage, beads popped into place at about 40-45 psi.

Due to lots of rain I'm still waiting to ride them, but I bet I lost about 3-4 pounds from my old set-up (Myhos and 29" tubes, XT hubs, DT 2.0/1.8, brass nips, CR-18 rims).

More info when I get out to ride. Maybe tomorrow-they are calling for 1-4 inches today and tonight.

·
Purveyor of Fine 29erness
626 Posts
I just laced a pair up today.
While daytime temps are in the single digits, I decided it was time for my bike to loose some weight.
I only had time to finish the rear wheel today, so I will try to have more details tomorrow.
My old wheels were King ISO disc/King SS Disc on Delgados, Super Comp front and regular Comp rear spokes, rear weighing in at 1070g.This is without tires and rotors.
New rear wheel with DT Comp spokes, and Arch rim is 1000g.
It built up easily, and came to tension well. I have had some issues with the 355, but the Arch was suprisingly easy to work with.
I should have time to finish the front tomorrow night, at which point I will post all the before and after weights.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish I Were Riding said:
Did you win the Arch rims specifically? Or why did you pick them over the Flows? They sound good either way, I was just curious...
I picked the Arch rims because he seemed more suited to my preferred type of riding; long and varied terrain. I did end up with a very light build, I do hope it holds up well.

I had a friend over a few nights ago. He know wheels quite well, and has been raing on very light 26" wheels for years. My new wheels were leaning in the corner. I was enjoyable watching the look on his face when he picked up one of the wheels, with tire and brake disc already mounted. I can't say his jaw dropped, but he did get a bit slack-mouthed....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.