Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
We only got a dusting of snow Thrusday. So the trails are fine,however there are alot of blow downs. Becareful they are very brittle and will jump up into your rear derailer

Sunday
No studs required but a lot of layers will be a must. It was 2 degrees this morning at 7:00

Brrrr!!!

·
RIDE TO LIVE
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the update. Yeah, the blowdowns are real bad here around here too. I did a ride on Tuesday night in Danielson, CT and they were everywhere.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Riding at Arcadia was great. The streams were sometimes swollen and frozen so no splashy stream crossings, but the trails were in great shape, no ice and very little snow on the trails. The dirt was nice and hard.

David B.

·
Here from Niantic,CT
34 Posts
I went to Big River yesterday afternoon, and it was terrible. Probably 3 inches of snow. I attempted to try the fire road going in by the waterfall and gave up, it seemed like it wasnt going to be very enjoyable so I left. Only one other tire track, and lots of foot traffic. I am hoping Burlingame will thin out before Sundays ride. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Just finished a 25 miler there today. The trails are actually in great shape.....just stay away from the typical wet spots. The south side is almost completely clear of snow and the north side has about .5 inch in some areas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.