Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone running an absolute black oval? Curious how that is for clearance if I’m swapping over my stylo cranks from my other bike which has an oval on it.

·
Registered
2021 Stumpjumper S-Works, 2020 Yeti Arc
592 Posts
Anyone running an absolute black oval? Curious how that is for clearance if I’m swapping over my stylo cranks from my other bike which has an oval on it.
I’m running a 30t AB Oval ring mounted on XTR cranks. No problems at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Will depend on the crank / chainline combination. For ovals:

152mm chainline - 30t oval will clear. 32t probably will be scary close to the frame. 34t absolutely no go.
155mm chainline - 34t oval will clear.

If you have stylo cranks, and want to run a 32t or 34t oval, i'd recommend a 0 offset 'superboost' ring, as that ensures a 155mm chainline on the ARC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So at that point I'd probably go back to a normal ring, with stylo cranks I'd have to run a different sram ring than what I have so looks like I'm buying something either way lol

·
Registered
889 Posts
Will depend on the crank / chainline combination. For ovals:

152mm chainline - 30t oval will clear. 32t probably will be scary close to the frame. 34t absolutely no go.
155mm chainline - 34t oval will clear.

If you have stylo cranks, and want to run a 32t or 34t oval, i'd recommend a 0 offset 'superboost' ring, as that ensures a 155mm chainline on the ARC.
I’m not seeing 0mm offset from AB. Who makes a 32T oval with 55mm chainline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my ARC the day the press release came out and received it on Aug 24th. I'm 6 ft 1 and am in between the large and xl on the Yeti sizing chart. I highly recommend sampling both sizes if you are in between as the large I purchased seems to have a shorter reach than I am accustomed to. Other than that the bike is very quick and light and accelerates pretty darn well.
I'm 6'1.5" and trying to decide between a L and XL. I have a 35 inch cycling inseam. Anyone out there have experience with either at my height?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm 6'1.5" and trying to decide between a L and XL. I have a 35 inch cycling inseam. Anyone out there have experience with either at my height?
I am 6.2 and have also longer inseam and average torso for met height. I ride XL and i think the size is perfect. A L would way to small for the intended use. Reach feels smaller than on paper actual. Maybe because of the steep Seat tube angle.

·
Registered
2021 Stumpjumper S-Works, 2020 Yeti Arc
592 Posts
Yeah I agree. I’m just under 5’11 and ride a large with a 50mm stem. You definitely want to go XL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank-you!

Ok, what confused me on the WT site is 0mm/49mm chainline for a bb30. No mention of 55mm chainline.

Is there a way to identify what the offset is on a SRAM chainring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the description is wrong. Read the comments or the wolftooth site, the 0mm offset should result in a 55mm chainline.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using tiny.cc/Mtbr_android_app

141 - 156 of 156 Posts