Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 100 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am lusting over the ARC!

SB115 with a 120 SC fork.
Why do you prefer running your SB115 with a 120mm fork and not the one 130?
I'm curious as well. I have a 34 Grip 2 140mm and 34 SC 120mm (obviously) sitting in boxes. I am still undecided and your experience will help. Perhaps the answer to my dilemma is to go with a 34 Grip 2 130mm. My thinking is that I can try the Grip 2 140mm and if the front end is too high or don't like how it rides, I can reduce it to 130mm with an airshaft swap.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am lusting over the ARC!

I'm curious as well. I have a 34 Grip 2 140mm and 34 SC 120mm (obviously) sitting in boxes. I am still undecided and your experience will help. Perhaps the answer to my dilemma is to go with a 34 Grip 2 130mm. My thinking is that I can try the Grip 2 140mm and if the front end is too high or don't like how it rides, I can reduce it to 130mm with an airshaft swap.
For two reasons, I rode a SB100 for two years (before I gave it to my son) and really like the handling of the frame with a 120 versus 130, I think it climbs better and has sharper handling without much of a loss on the decent where I ride 90% of the time (Southern AZ). I also use it as my cross country race bike as well so a 130 is overkill for races like the #24hop or the Whiskey Off-road. A 120 is overkill for the #24hop too, but I feel better after 7-8 hrs into the race.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi to all,

I have a question regarding the clearance between the chainring and chainstays. I am running my new ARC with a sram dub bottom bracket and a boost X01 crankset with a 34 chainring (also boost = 3mm offset). The resulting clearance is less than 0,5mm. The sram service doc is telling to use a 2mm outer space ring on the drive side. Correct - guess so?

So where is the mistake?

Found this here, but...https://www.mtbr.com/threads/confusion-about-another-chainline-standard-55mm-cl-on-the-new-yetis.1153493/

Thanks for your help

Best Regards form lake constance in Germany

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi to all,

I have a question regarding the clearance between the chainring and chainstays. I am running my new ARC with a sram dub bottom bracket and a boost X01 crankset with a 34 chainring (also boost = 3mm offset). The resulting clearance is less than 0,5mm. The sram service doc is telling to use a 2mm outer space ring on the drive side. Correct - guess so?

So where is the mistake?

Found this here, but...https://www.mtbr.com/threads/confusion-about-another-chainline-standard-55mm-cl-on-the-new-yetis.1153493/

Thanks for your help

Best Regards form lake constance in Germany
Bought the wrong Shimano crank M8100 52mm chainline and with 34 tooth chainring there is just a millimetre between ring and CS.
Will get my new cranks M8120 with 55mm chainline next week.

hope that helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
But sram only has the normal crankset with boost chainrings or a crankset with super boost. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
292 Posts
But sram only has the normal crankset with boost chainrings or a crankset with super boost. Am I wrong?

This is what mine looks like with sram eagle xx1 boost crankset with 3mm offset 30 tooth chainring. There’s at least 5mm of room between the frame and crank with the standard 2mm spacer on the drive side.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm excited! Bought my turquoise-painted ARC frame and have all the parts on order for a sweet custom build! Frame arrives tomorrow and parts are coming over the next 2-3 weeks. Should be built by middle of February! Woohoo!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
My Turquoise frame arrived last week

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just arrived yesterday. Brand new, stock ARC C1. Since there aren't a ton of pictures out there on this "cheaper" model in raw carbon colorway, I figured I would post some for those folks not looking to totally break the bank on one of these fine steeds. I have a few upgrades in mind for the next several months. I live on the rocky front range of Denver/Boulder area, so it should be loads of fun to thrash around out here.. Will try and post updates later.... if I remember to. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Built this for a buddy. Started life as a C2 SLX complete bike. Parted it out except for frame and added high end parts.

Large all in 27 lbs with full cushcore
Axs
G2 brakes 180mm rotors
2021 Fox 200m dropper
Factory Fox Grip2 @130mm
DT Swiss xmc1501 carbon wheelset
Ergon grips and saddle
One up EDC light/chain guide
XTR trail pedals

·
Registered
887 Posts
Built this for a buddy. Started life as a C2 SLX complete bike. Parted it out except for frame and added high end parts.

Axs
G2 brakes 180mm rotors
2021 Fox 200m dropper
Factory Fox Grip2 @130mm
Ergon grips and saddle
XTR trail pedals

I’m curious...how did that work out financially?

Is it better to build frame up or buy kit bike, sell new take off and then build to spec.

I’m debating on swapping out the fit4 damper to the Grip2....additional $350 plus added weight penalty.

What length dropper is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
It's going to be more expensive than what he bought the bike of course. He saved money on the new parts because I gave him discounts on it.

We didn't total it in the end. He wanted what he wanted.

200mm dropper..

Grip 2 vs Fit 4 weight is goi g to minimal but vastl improvement in performance.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Wonder why Yeti didn’t default to 200mm dropper, are there any disadvantages with longer dropper? Weight/fitment (assuming min height is not too long).

Discounts? Are you in the bike building retail/business???

·
Registered
241 Posts
I really wish Fox or RS would do the adjustable dropper or more brands would spec the travel adjust droppers. I'm on a large and switched out the 175 Transfer for a for a one up 210 @ 200mm. Dropper is slammed, bike feels even better.

Wonder why Yeti didn’t default to 200mm dropper, are there any disadvantages with longer dropper? Weight/fitment (assuming min height is not too long).

Discounts? Are you in the bike building retail/business???

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
200m Fox didn't release until after ARC launch. Combine that with supply challenges is probably why.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Axs
G2 brakes 180mm rotors
2021 Fox 200m dropper
Factory Fox Grip2 @130mm
Ergon grips and saddle
XTR trail pedals

What saddlebag is that and how well does it work with dropper post?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
It's not a saddle bag. Backcountry strap. Works fine. No rub

81 - 100 of 146 Posts