Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 80 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Stumpjumper S-Works, 2020 Yeti Arc
592 Posts
Slapped some new wheels on the Arc. The new Roval Control SL Team LTD’s are stupid light at 1240 grams. Combined with the 2.4 Rekons the Arc climbs so well. Dropped more than a pound off the bike. I’ll most likely run the Nox Farlows with my Maxxis 2.6 combo most of the time but the Rovals sure didn’t change the ride characteristics of the bike. It wasn’t a slouch with the Farlows by any means.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeti ARC Build

Finished my ARC building I’m enjoying the ride immensely. Build follows:

- ARC medium frame. I’m 5’8.5”
- Fox Factory 34 130 mil travel
- SRAM Eagle XX1 drivetrain
- SRAM Code RSC brakes (oil slick)
- Shimano XT rotors 180 front, 160 rear
- Enve M630 wheetset with custom Enve metallic decals
- Industry 9 Hydra hubs
- Goodyear Eclipse R/T 2.35 tires front and rear. Tons of room to go wider
- Enve M6 bars
- Industry 9 A31 stem
- Fox Transfer Post
- Specialized S-Works Saddle
- Shimano XTR Trail pedals

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Slapped some new wheels on the Arc. The new Roval Control SL Team LTD’s are stupid light at 1240 grams. Combined with the 2.4 Rekons the Arc climbs so well. Dropped more than a pound off the bike. I’ll most likely run the Nox Farlows with my Maxxis 2.6 combo most of the time but the Rovals sure didn’t change the ride characteristics of the bike. It wasn’t a slouch with the Farlows by any means.

Awesome build. I actually sold my SB130 frame to get this frame. I have the Roval Control SLs on my Epic HT. They are crazy light. Lighter than my Enves by some grams for sure . I’m really enjoying it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Awesome build. I actually sold my SB130 frame to get this frame. I have the Roval Control SLs on my Epic HT. They are crazy light. Lighter than my Enves by some grams for sure . I’m really enjoying it.
Your bike looks killer. I actually ended up putting my other wheels back on with the 2.6 tires on them. They smooth out the ride really well with no real negative on handling vs the 2.4 Rekons on the lighter wheelset.

I’m surprised how capable the Arc is. I bomb all of my local descents as hard as I did on my other full suspension bikes. My legs are a little fatigued by the end but the bike handles so well. Super fun on single track and flowy trails. I’ve for a new stumpjumper coming in so the Arc should be a nice complement to that bike. Enjoy that new ride of yours.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Your bike looks killer. I actually ended up putting my other wheels back on with the 2.6 tires on them. They smooth out the ride really well with no real negative on handling vs the 2.4 Rekons on the lighter wheelset.

I’m surprised how capable the Arc is. I bomb all of my local descents as hard as I did on my other full suspension bikes. My legs are a little fatigued by the end but the bike handles so well. Super fun on single track and flowy trails. I’ve for a new stumpjumper coming in so the Arc should be a nice complement to that bike. Enjoy that new ride of yours.
thanks much, cheers.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Anyone notice the rider in the demo video on Yeti’s site running a Sid Ultimate fork? Wondering how that 120 fork would change the ride of the Arc. I have one laying around for another build that’s on hold and tempted to throw it on to try out. With 35mm stanchions I think the fork would be stiff enough for what this bike is capable of but the steeper head angle is a question mark. And the lower bb. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Today was a shakedown run on the custom Yeti ARC I helped build for a buddy....

Large
AXS
Cushcore
DT Swiss Carbon wheels
200mm Fox dropper

26.1lbs without bottle,sparetube.

Easily could get this down to 25lbs

Observation - 2.8 rear tire will fit

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
Threw a 35mm stanchion Sid Ultimate 120 fork on to see how the bike feels. Wondering if I’ll notice the low bb height. Taking her out shortly.

How did you like the 120? I’m thinking of putting a 120 on as well (Fox 34 SC) - the one on my SB115 - just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
How did you like the 120? I’m thinking of putting a 120 on as well (Fox 34 SC) - the one on my SB115 - just for the heck of it.
Definitely felt different than my Pike 130. I didn’t notice the low bb and I climbed some pretty techy sections on this ride. The bike climbed better too (not like it didn’t climb well with the longer fork tho).

The biggest difference was it felt more twitchy and fast handling than I expected. Took me a while to adjust. Fun experiment but I’m undecided if I like it better. Few more rides are needed. I say give it a shot if you have a fork laying around. It’s an easy change.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Definitely felt different than my Pike 130. I didn’t notice the low bb and I climbed some pretty techy sections on this ride. The bike climbed better too (not like it didn’t climb well with the longer fork tho).

The biggest difference was it felt more twitchy and fast handling than I expected. Took me a while to adjust. Fun experiment but I’m undecided if I like it better. Few more rides are needed. I say give it a shot if you have a fork laying around. It’s an easy change.
Wooly.....
Whats your take of the the SID Ultimate 35mm ?????? I know you have owned lots of inventory....How does it stack up against the Fox 34 ????
Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wooly.....
Whats your take of the the SID Ultimate 35mm ?????? I know you have owned lots of inventory....How does it stack up against the Fox 34 ????
Thanks in advanced
H ok beastly I need more time on it. I’ve only put like 75 miles on it. The Fox 34 Grip 2 I have on my Stumpjumper is really plush. Way better than the Fit 4 damper version. The Pike Ultimate seems plusher too. But I need to play with the settings some more to see if I can get it to feel great.

·
Registered
293 Posts

Looks like I have a new project for this coming week. 👍

·
Registered
293 Posts
I put the 120 on yesterday and took it for a 15 mile loop I’ve done 40-50 times On various bikes. It does climb better in super steep tech sections and is faster handling. But I think I like the handling better with the 130 - It’s seems more playful and balances out well with my other bikes (SB115 with a 120 SC fork and a S-Works Epic Hard tail with a 100 SID Ultimate).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I put the 120 on yesterday and took it for a 15 mile loop I’ve done 40-50 times On various bikes. It does climb better in super steep tech sections and is faster handling. But I think I like the handling better with the 130 - It’s seems more playful and balances out well with my other bikes (SB115 with a 120 SC fork and a S-Works Epic Hard tail with a 100 SID Ultimate).
chase2wheels
Why do you prefer running your SB115 with a 120mm fork and not the one 130?

61 - 80 of 156 Posts