Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's back!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Sneaker man
3,390 Posts
OK thats better...I'll admit, the limited edition didn't really do it for me that much

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
You had me, but lost me at PF bottom bracket.:madman:

And why not build it with sliders and give the SS guys something to wax the weasel to?

·
I am Walt
6,283 Posts
why not build it with sliders and give the SS guys something to wax the weasel to?
^^This. I have an SB100 and have an SB130 TLR on order, to go along with my Ti SS. I have previously run a Pivot LES as my SS, and they have an SS dropout kit that works flawlessly.

Is there any way to run the new ARC as SS (without using a tensioner), or any chance Yeti offers an SS dropout kit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
^^This. I have an SB100 and have an SB130 TLR on order, to go along with my Ti SS. I have previously run a Pivot LES as my SS, and they have an SS dropout kit that works flawlessly.

Is there any way to run the new ARC as SS (without using a tensioner), or any chance Yeti offers an SS dropout kit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don’t see how they can offer a different drop out kit for this frame design. Looks like chain tensioner or EBB are your only options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Maybe they made the BB tough enough to use an aftermarket eccentric? But I really doubt it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting that Yeti felt 2 water bottles in the triangle wouldn't be something hardtail riders want. Maybe I'm a relic, but I'd take slightly less standover in exchange for 2 bottles on a hardtail, even one meant to land on the aggressive end of the spectrum.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Interesting that Yeti felt 2 water bottles in the triangle wouldn't be something hardtail riders want. Maybe I'm a relic, but I'd take slightly less standover in exchange for 2 bottles on a hardtail, even one meant to land on the aggressive end of the spectrum.
I’m guessing it’s the sacrifice for having a longer dropper post plus design of top tube flow lines. In the end, can’t make everyone happy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If it makes you a relic, then I am one too.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why not make it out of affordable tubing so normal people can buy one?
So tired of CF everything.....
Yeti was and has never been for "everyone"..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yeti was and has never been for "everyone"..

Right...and even if they did make it out of aluminum, it wouldn’t be that much cheaper to buy. Frame only price would easily be ~$1200.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I agree, although it'd be super cool if they made a steel frame version. Dreaming, I know, but that'd be pretty awesome.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right...and even if they did make it out of aluminum, it wouldn’t be that much cheaper to buy. Frame only price would easily be ~$1200.

They went away from alum years ago..but could make a come back. Ibis did it..

·
Registered
891 Posts

One thing I’ve learned about yeti...never say never.

Clown wheels?
Hard Tail?
Dare we say....Alloy bikes?

I just don’t see it anytime soon, but they have to keep trying to sell us ‘new’ shiny bikes with the latest greatest geometry. Thank-you ever changing bike standards.

·
Registered
718 Posts

That was a different Ibis company (after Ibis got bought out) that made the aluminum frames back in late 90's.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That was a different Ibis company (after Ibis got bought out) that made the aluminum frames back in late 90's.
Ripley AF is aluminum

·
Registered
8 Posts
I owned an arc back in the day. Visited Yeti in Durango while it was being built. Met the guy that welded my frame and saw it hanging for paint. Slick bike. Those one piece chainstays were awesome looking. that's where the bike got it's name. I wish the new one carried that look.

·
Sneaker man
3,390 Posts
My thoughts on this after having a think about it. I figure Yeti know their target better than I do, as they seem to be doing pretty well, but for me:
- Not having 2 bottles inside the frame, thats a big letdown, for a do it all bike, sure have the 3rd on the underside of downtube, but not having a second inside the triangle, boo
- Pressfit, I'd prefer BSA, but haven't had issues with PF yet, so not too fussed.
- The name, it's billed as not your old school HT, but to me the ARC is a pure race bike, since it's inception, so to bring back the ARC as not a race bike, just seems to... fly in the face of the origins. Should have brought it back as the Ultimate or something instead of the ARC

But anyhoo small gripes, I'm glad something HT is back, and it's still high on the list of things to buy that I don't need

Now we just need a Road Project as well...

1 - 20 of 160 Posts