Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
A couple of friends and myself are thinking about hitting arburn for the first time on saturday. I was wondering how the conditions are and what are the good trails to hit. We typically love riding the single technical single track like rockville for example. Thanks
-geekbox

·
bike whore
137 Posts
Rode Culvert and Confluence today and conditions were as good as it gets. Tacky and very little mud. Cold until the fog burned off and then really sweet. Rain forecast for tomorrow so conditions will probably be a little different on Sat.:thumbsup:

·
Sweater
1,949 Posts
Same as above for culvert/confluence. It was great on 1/1 and might be ok on saturday. Foresthill was starting to get a little wet on Mon, Tues, and Wed so it might be a bit messy after the rain today.

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Just came from there

geekbox32 said:
Hey,
A couple of friends and myself are thinking about hitting arburn for the first time on saturday. I was wondering how the conditions are and what are the good trails to hit. We typically love riding the single technical single track like rockville for example. Thanks
-geekbox
theyre getting too much rain to justify riding there any time soon. maybe Sunday..really

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I rode in GB today with a friend who lives up there. The trails have been icy and as they melt it's making things a bit muddy. It may be a little sloppy up there right now, but the work FATRAC recently did has been pretty good for the drainage. Should be mostly fine I'd think.

Did anyone ride up there today?

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
nachomc said:
Did anyone ride up there today?
We hammered up there today. Clementine/Connector/FHDL/Connector/Fuel Break/Culvert/Confluence.
Clementine was a cold start this morning. We were shivering.
Connector has a few slippery spots, but overall was ok.
FHDL - south side has a couple puddles, but overall traction is great. North side is greasy. Anywhere the trail is covered with leaves, there is no traction for hammering. Just have to spin up in low gears. The tree that was down last weekend is gone.
Fuel Break/Culvert/Confluence - all dry and ready to ride HARD!! :thumbsup:

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
We rode up Clementine road to the connector. The Connector was like riding on wet play-dogh so we decided that the Forrest Hill loop might not be the best idea. Went back and down Culvert / Confluence (good conditions) up Stage Coach then Manzanita / Flood / Tinkers and they were all in great condition. I mean I didn't ride Tinkers... Lots of downhill dorks :D shuttling today. Can't blame em, Culvert Confluence are draining great! But I was an XC nerd on this ride :p I might have some helmet cam action posted soon :)

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Yeah we got started around 11 from the Confluence and went up Stagecoach-down Manzanita-passed Tinkers-up Clementine-down Culvert through Confluence.
I didn't think the conditions were all that terrible, at all actually. There were a few spots here and there, but nothing trecherous or wheel halting sticky mud.
Weather was good if not a touch chilly here and there, which just made you want to keep moving.

·
feeling squirrelly
712 Posts
Did a short ride in Auburn today, rode Clementime, Connector, Culvert & Confluence. It was pretty chilly, saw frost on the trails even at noon. We ran into some friends on connector who said Foresthill was a little soupy in spots. Connector was wet in places, standing water over hard pack. Not the tire suck trail ruining mud type. Culvert and Confluence were money, big smiles all around!! Lots of shuttlers out there today.

Gotta love the Connector roller coaster:

·
Registered
794 Posts
I delayed my normal Sun morning start by an hour and still chattered. The temp reading from my backyard in Auburn at 8:20 was about 29 deg. Only 39 when I returned a couple hours later. Conditions that early were 'interesting' as anything not hit directly by the sun was frozen solid, slick to the unsuspecting trail tire. Great times were had.

·
Registered
386 Posts
We rode Foresthill Divide this morning and started at 8:15...only cars there. We were either insanely brave or stupid. Great ride though. Freezing to start but beautiful in the sun. Got a little soupy at the end when the sun started to melt the frost and it all drained across the trail. Great survival ride!

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,825 Posts
Started at Russell Road at 1030 hrs Sunday. I rode Manzanita, Clementine, Connector, FH Divide and back to Russell. The parts of the trail that didn't see sun were still frozen and the rest was soupy. Both conditions created traction problems. I can't imagine riding any earlier....... I can see Connector and FH Divide trail conditions getting worse as we see more rain. I will only be riding the Clementine until the spring since I do not want to add to trail errosion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.