Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I live there as do a few others on here I think. 4 acres of dirt huh? I'm down. Where you living? I remember your thread from a few months back. Don't listen to Pirate. If you're on 4 acres your out of the fog.

·
MTB skillz = NADA
724 Posts
Carl Hungus said:
I live there as do a few others on here I think. 4 acres of dirt huh? I'm down. Where you living? I remember your thread from a few months back. Don't listen to Pirate. If you're on 4 acres your out of the fog.
You are probably right about being out of the fog. I was living in Seaside for the first year I was on the West Coast. We got a nice ocean view home...then summer rolled around and boom...FOG! We ended up moving inland about 10 miles or so and we get sun and warmth. Also, I inadvertently moved close to tons of MTB trails.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My grandfather has a house right on the beach in aptos, right by the creek. We are usually there several weekends during the summer. I've been going there since I can remember, It's like my second home.
Nicene marks in a nice park right in your backyard, actually it's just behind Britannia Arms.
Be sure to check out the cement ship museum sometime. Oh, and it's crab season right now...

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
GrayBeard Pirate said:
You are probably right about being out of the fog. I was living in Seaside for the first year I was on the West Coast. We got a nice ocean view home...then summer rolled around and boom...FOG! We ended up moving inland about 10 miles or so and we get sun and warmth. Also, I inadvertently moved close to tons of MTB trails.
Yeah, Seaside gets more fog than Aptos and Aptos gets more fog than Santa Cruz does. It has to do with the shape of the bay and the way the fog gets sucked down into the Salinas valley. I've lived on both sides of the bay over the last 10 years so I know the fog patterns pretty well and yeah, if you're off 68 you're not getting any fog at all.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Truckee Trash said:
Any of ya'll live here/there? I'm moving there in a day from Truckee. . . So far I've found the beach, a british pub, and I'm living on 4 acres of moveable diggable dirt. . .
You should like it here, plenty of MTBing for you to explore, surprised you have not found Nisene yet. I've got some boys who would love to move some dirt for you!

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
I live in

Truckee Trash said:
Any of ya'll live here/there? I'm moving there in a day from Truckee. . . So far I've found the beach, a british pub, and I'm living on 4 acres of moveable diggable dirt. . .
Santa Cruz and would be happy to show you where to ride also willing to move dirt...Dwight likes dirt! mbosc is a great group and I'm proud to be a part of them...

·
Registered
249 Posts
yep, it is true. the fog is just totally awful... terrible... and the biking there is just horrible... It is so true. It is amazing any of us can stand to live there. Dont have your friends come visit, they will have a terrible time. Terrible time

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. . . I'm "above the fog" apparently, inland in the hills above the Britannia Arms. I'm moving down there as soon as the roads clear and I don't have to deal with chains on the U Haul.

@CarlHungus. . . yep things all worked out :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.