Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I think this the last weekend to ride the upper part of Steam Donkey at Skeggs. I read on a post and some mid penn website that may 1st it's being closed. They have a rerouted trail to open

Go get some Donkey.................and brag if you make all the climbs going to lower Steam Donkey. I have made each one of those nasty climbs, but never on the same ride.:madmax:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this the last weekend to ride the upper part of Steam Donkey at Skeggs. I read on a post and some mid penn website that may 1st it's being closed. They have a rerouted trail to open

Go get some Donkey.................and brag if you make all the climbs going to lower Steam Donkey. I have made each one of those nasty climbs, but never on the same ride.:madmax:
Have you cleaned the short steep root climb up to the intersection of SD with Oljon?

Green Yellow Colorfulness Red White

·
Mtn View, CA
493 Posts
Old Cabin pre-ride. 12yo and I are racing beginner. We've ridden segments of the course over the last few weeks. Tomorrow we put it all together.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
traction is changing rapidly out there. Been out the last two afternoons in a row and it is drying up fast! The velcro is wearing out!
F.Y.I.
I rode 23 miles in your 'hood yesterday and had a blast. One of the steeper trails was all-time. But, like you said, it won't last long. Savor it!

Edit: Went back today and one of my favorite trails was...exquisite! 5+ minutes of DH bliss.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Why am I up at 5 AM again??? Oh that’s right, Redding is back on! Wintu, Enticer, Mule Ridge, Terminator, and Snail all on tap!

·
Nobody
711 Posts
Dirt Wizard conditions at the center for "higher" learning. Velcro is renewed when you have heavy morning fog and a brand spankin new DHF on the front.

Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
More pie please
2,010 Posts
I started my day at Coe with a few friends who were bike camping:

As if the hills at Coe aren't difficult enough, "Jack Burns" adds a trailer full of stuff:

Steer Ridge Road, above the fog:

Route finding...

About 2pm I split-off from the group. The afternoon clouded over which kept the full day cool. Hoover Lake:

Snake in lake:

Flowers on Jackson Road:

///Charlie

·
Registered
89 Posts
Joaquin Miller was great. Started riding around 10ish so hikers and dogs on Sunset and Sequoia. Couple other bikers as well all around.

Dropped down Chaparal, Cinderella and Castle Peak to make 3 laps. All 3 seemed to be in good conditions with no one else on them for the most part. Castle Peak is pretty overgrown though.

Solid day with the weather and crowds considering it was 10am on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.