Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Rollin 29s
1,004 Posts
Annadel State Park has dried out nicely, everything is in bloom and it's beautiful! Right now is the short window of riding between muddy and dusty. It doesn't last long, so get out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Extremely windy, overcast, and cold in Pleasanton this morning. Riding with two Megatowers, and a third guy with a Bronson with his Megatower frame on the way. Got in nearly 5k' elevation by noon which was cool.

I love a raw bike with no logos.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
How do you like the Megatower vs the Yeti I think you said you were riding at SO?
I'm on a Sentinel, and haven't ridden the Megatower, so cannot really say.

But I would choose the Megatower over it (if they ever sell a frame only option) because of price, availability at local shops, no infinity link (*less maintenance), and SC free bearings.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
EDT Shuttle. 30 miles mostly singletrack AND downhill:

The day begins. A little confusing at start due to construction.
Automotive tire Tree Bicycle tire Automotive wheel system Signage

A few downed trees but nothing surprising and mostly ride-aroundable.
Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame

Basically the first half is class 1 but with nice singletrack running mostly parallel. Good fun!
Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle tire

There are still a few water features to avoid.
Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle Spoke

Almost always followed by more sweet singletrack...
Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame Plant Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Last little bit of railroad track before Payen road and civilization.
Track Cloud Land lot Plain Grassland

30 miles, mostly singletrack, and here's the elevation profile:
Blue Colorfulness Slope Text White

We both thought it was a bad ass trail. Definitely a good time to hit it if you've ever wanted to do it!

·
Nobody
711 Posts
I'm on a Sentinel, and haven't ridden the Megatower, so cannot really say.

But I would choose the Megatower over it (if they ever sell a frame only option) because of price, availability at local shops, no infinity link (*less maintenance), and SC free bearings.
Wow, I was not aware of SC bearings for life program until reading this and doing a little searching. That's awesome!

·
More pie please
2,014 Posts
Henry Coe State Park

Until early afternoon it was cold, dense fog, and windy. And the day never really warmed up. I do good in these conditions and got in a long ride.

fc zips by me on his Henry Coe ebike Superbloom ride:

The Superbloom was a bust...the flowers closed-up up in the fog.

More photos of the landscape

^^^ The other side of that rock formation is a cliff.

Mustang Peak, my target for the day:

Golden Violets

Wow, I was not aware of SC bearings for life program until reading this and doing a little searching. That's awesome!
I happened to do this just this week. Filled out the web form on Tuesday and the package was on my doorstep when I got home from my ride yesterday.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
We just drove two cars. I am not sure if anyone local does it professionally but a post here in advance would probably net you a hook up and riding partner.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Yeah, it's a perk that most people don't take advantage of. Either because they don't work on their own bike, or are too lazy to work on it until it's broken. But having fresh bearings will make a huge difference in keeping your bike feeling good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.