Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Resurrected my 2008 Giant Reign 2. New rubber on the back, replaced both brakes, gave it a tune up, then ... went and got my ass kicked by my allergies. Evidentially being able to breathe in and process oxygen is important. I struggled through the first 5 miles of the loop and called it an evening. It was a beautiful day none the less!

Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Vegetation Natural landscape Plant community Hill Highland

Motor vehicle Nature Mode of transport Road Sky

·
Mtbr Founder
35,544 Posts
I finally went back to Skeggs after a couple years. The forest is divine. The trails are pretty bland now.

I had the time of my life reconnecting with old friends. Smile People Facial hair Social group Mammal

She was hit by a vehicle 2 years ago and is finally back

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Helmet Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Guns out finally

Mode of transport Automotive tire Transport Vehicle Rim

Nate made this

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
5 miles / 1k'. Perfect temps at 6:30AM. Long sleeve dryfit and shorts and it was $$$.

Rode the new section I dug on last night ... spicy! Steep dirt to a sandy rock slab to a drop into this chute. Just checked Strava, for perspective this section is around -30%.

Colorfulness Text White Line Slope

Fast run out into another steep stretch and a small rock drop. This section is going to be awesome when finished up!

Plant community Soil Slope Shrub Groundcover

There will be an alternate "hard line" on the left of that picture where instead of dropping into the chute, you'll navigate a little ridge to the top of that rock then drop in. Once I get the section all tuned up, I'll put in that hard line.

·
default title
543 Posts
Nate's pull out bike holder is pretty bomb. Does he have a part list/guide?

Trails are drying out nicely, should be a great weekend (watch out for cops/stoned hikers around ucsc/westside on Saturday)

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don’t know if anyone has ever quantified it, but it’s dramatic the effort required to climb on wet (or even damp) vs dry trails. Looking over my near daily climbing route, as the trails dried my times dropped about 20% at roughly the same effort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.