Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
More pie please
1,996 Posts
Traffic Alert

fyi for anyone going to Coe tomorrow (Saturday April 12), the Tierra Bella road bike ride will be on the roads to Coe Hunting Hollow and HQ entrances and may impact your drive to/from Coe.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Rode SC today----it was in very good shape---just a few muddy spots up top-----was amazed at how dry it is already. Could be the sea otter affect but I must have seen well over 100 riders----never seen this before in the week----some big groups all seemed heading to the otter sat

·
Mtn View, CA
490 Posts
Cusack at Nisene is muddy especially near the top after the rocky climb. There's a big tree down at the the start of Corral flow.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Been a rapid week of trail work. Took 2 new dudes out (experienced riders). Planned on 10 ... then trimmed to 8 ... then to 6, lol. Multiple crashes, then the overwhelming look of defeat and fear in their eyes. Turns out the XC trail is a bit tougher than I thought!

At least they had fun on the rope swing!

92561B98-7123-40E7-92C4-8C8344121100.jpg

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Rode SC today----it was in very good shape---just a few muddy spots up top-----was amazed at how dry it is already. Could be the sea otter affect but I must have seen well over 100 riders----never seen this before in the week----some big groups all seemed heading to the otter sat
Same..rode it today.. flats are muddy but steeps in great shape...some new ruts on chuppa

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
orthonormal
4,999 Posts
Same..rode it today.. flats are muddy but steeps in great shape...some new ruts on chuppa

Nice meeting you out there. A couple of the new ruts out there took me by surprise, ended up riding down the center and made it through ok.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
9 laps up UConn today in SC on this weird contraption. Bronson is a sick bike that I would recommend to anyone looking for a 27.5 playful shredder. (My first time on one) But I would not recommend going all Martin Maes and putting a 29” wheel and fork on it. Brought the front end up too high and I was losing traction in corners. Also gave this thing a spin for a lap. Climbed amazingly well and ate up the chunder better than any bike I’ve ridden. If only it wasn’t a Yeti.

·
More pie please
1,996 Posts
Yesterday I joined a few friends on day 1 of their camping trip at Coe:

Seven Oaks Trail:

Mack's Corral Trail:

North Fork Trail (Please excuse the extreme horizon leveling, the photo was taken while riding.)

"Jack Burns", North Fork Trail

The group up ahead:

Our tracks in the grass, Walsh Peak Trail:

Pipestem flowers, Walsh Peak

"Jack Burns" takes the plung into Hole-In-The-Rock:

A cool ranch sign on Kaiser-Aetna Road:

End of the day, coasting down Kaiser-Aetna Road to Bell Station:

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Took some.of the visiting Tribe out Fri and Sat and visiting socal friends to UC for some taste of our loam...

·
Captain One Lung
4,928 Posts
Rode Nevada City this weekend. Hoot was in excellent condition and tackyyyyyyy.

We went back up and did Ziz Zag, Zipper then Miner's to Taxi Cab and back to Harmony Ridge. Taxi Cab is pretty wet and not really that fun. I had never ridden it and now I see why. The day before, the girls rode Scott's Flat and said it was great until the bottom section which has always been a problem after rains.

Cliche' photo op.
fEaLtRT.jpg

·
F*** it
1,197 Posts
We were tired from the Saturday laps, so we decided to check out the Epicenter shuttle on Sunday. They took the business over from Shuttlesmith/Dave, but they bought a new shuttle van and a 14-bike trailer. Great experience all the way around and a perfect day of riding. Two thumbs up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts