Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets SEE you can either climb some fire roads with a bunch slow, lazy drunk south bay residents in booty-ful Los Gatos :eek:

OR!

Participate in the Annual Thanksgiving Day Appetite Seminar in Marin County, by far the longest running annual mountain bike event. The first ride took place in 1975. Now, start from downtown Fairfax, riders wend their way along Bolinas-Fairfax Road to Pine Mountain, and return to Fairfax via a descent down the infamous Repack Downhill. (BIRTHPLACE!)

And actually RIDE some single track in Tamarancho if you want :thumbsup:

Plus we got cougars. The good kind!

At least Plim and I will be there...

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,691 Posts
baycat said:
Lets SEE you can either climb some fire roads with a bunch slow, lazy drunk south bay residents in booty-ful Los Gatos :eek:

OR!

Participate in the Annual Thanksgiving Day Appetite Seminar in Marin County, by far the longest running annual mountain bike event. The first ride took place in 1975. Now, start from downtown Fairfax, riders wend their way along Bolinas-Fairfax Road to Pine Mountain, and return to Fairfax via a descent down the infamous Repack Downhill. (BIRTHPLACE!)

S'right! See y'all bright 'n' early at the Java Hut.

Edit, 'cause I forgot to fan the flames of regional rivalry: The Appetite Seminar is hella better than the Turkey ride. Hella. You teeming hordes of south-bayers may dominate the board but you don't have a monopoly on the best rides. ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
You gotta love the appetite seminar for a nice long,hard, fun way to start the holiday season off right. I already have plans to be out of town with family, so I won't make it this year. Just wanted to add a heads up reminder so others don't make the same mistakes I have made in the past. I you plan to meet up with others, especially if they're new friends or fellow MTBR people, get there early and maybe even bring a cell phone to help find them. There are so many happy bikers in town in Fairfax that they all start to look alike. I've found the Java Hut lot completely filled at 7 AM! Have fun!

·
I'm disrespectful to dirt
479 Posts
I may join you guys - with all your talking this ride up!
(actually, I'll already be in the East Bay, so this one is closer)

Looks like the mods have a South Bay bias and won't give you sticky-love.

We'll just have to keep bumping this up. I'll chime in once I know my plans for sure in a few days.

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,691 Posts
JustJeff said:
I may join you guys - with all your talking this ride up!
(actually, I've seen the light and will drive miles and miles out of my way because this one is better)
Hella awesome! :thumbsup:

rensho said:
Sticky coming right up.
Double hella awesome! I like having a moderator. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
The pictures from this event in years past have been pretty intense. Good size turn out with legendary mtb'ers in attendance.

I'd go...but LGTDR is a 10 minute bike ride away vs. an 1hr 20min drive to Fairfax. :(

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We will meet around 7 ish. Since it gets packed early and parking is a bit hard.

Lets try and meet up in the main parking lot across from Sunshine. Use cell phones to locate people.

Mine is 4One5. ThreeZero2. Five733

·
Registered
945 Posts
are there any pics from previous rides?

-Sp

baycat said:

OR!

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,691 Posts
Location Details

Here is the parking lot where we'll be meeting, in case you don't know. Park or ride there. If you are early, late, or just can't find us, don't fret. The ride has no set start time. Just follow the crowd up Bolinas Fairfax road, around Pine Mountain, down Repack and back to the start. Then go eat your Thanksgiving feast.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...pn=0.003192,0.007167&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr&om=1

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,691 Posts
SinglePivot said:
are there any pics from previous rides?

-Sp
Google 'em. I'm too lazy to search and post links, and have no pictures of my own.

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Where and when are ppl meeting for the LG ride?

This is the Kennedy ride, right?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
We will in Marin for the holidays and I am 90% sure I'll be there for the ride. I'll have my MTBR jersey on . I plan on doing a longer version 3+ hours.....:thumbsup:

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Merlin. A few of us will be meeting a the Java Hut around 7 am. A longer version would be nice, explore all the nice stuff out there.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
baycat said:
Merlin. A few of us will be meeting a the Java Hut around 3 pm. A longer version would be nice, explore all the nice stuff out there.
3pm? I thought the ride starts at 7am?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts