Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello free rider, We miss your posts. Come back and join in!

so im coming back, and im bringing my new baby with me. i just put a down payment on a norco 250, and should have it by the end of next week.

·
Registered
241 Posts
lookin' good. Ive been eyeing up that bike at my LBS for a while now, tell me how she rides when you get it.

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
I've ridden it, and you'll be happy as a clam. That bike manuals forever, handles pretty well, very stable in the air. My only grudge would be that the frame is a bit on the heavy side(as with every Norco, but at least you won't break it!) and it's a bit flexy in the back end, but IMO it just gives it some extra cush and it is not noticable enough for it to be considered a flaw..

Very balanced bike, nicely spec'd, extremely low slung(I like that since I'm a smaller dude at 5'6'')you won't be dissapointed!

·
Registered
402 Posts
What kind of hub they run in the back on those 14mm or one of the mountain standard ones?

Looks a lot like my eastern except it's got an extra brake, oh if that DJ is anything like mine, make sure that after you ride it for a bit tighten up the pinch-bolts on the crown.

Don't kill yourself on it.

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Epschoenly said:
What kind of hub they run in the back on those 14mm or one of the mountain standard ones?

Looks a lot like my eastern except it's got an extra brake, oh if that DJ is anything like mine, make sure that after you ride it for a bit tighten up the pinch-bolts on the crown.

Don't kill yourself on it.
Rear Hub: KMX-95R, 14mm slotted, compact drive, 36H

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
apparently toys r us misses me . . .

stopped going there like 2 years ago when I'd go to get boxes of bulk legos (you know, red box o bricks with no instructions?) and build huge ass stuff that you'd expect from the guys who make a living designing the kiddy sets . . . I was really into it . . .

well, today, got a letter saying they miss our business and a gift card for ten bucks off a purchase of an item fifty bucks or more . . . from the president of toys r us!

Wow, I'm definitely going back :eekster: :yesnod: (just kidding!)

That's the second best stock ride on the market thar, free rider . . .

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
if ENT means eastern night train, then yes.

Well, actually I'd rank the brodie cretin up there too, it's got a fvcking argyle! But not as nice cranks and stuff, just cheapo truvativ . . .

atleast these have real stuff . . . i think . . .I know the the eastern night train does . . .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts