Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NJ Gator
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! Just wondering if people
Have been riding their 18/19 KM’s with ~2.6 tires and what have been the experiences. Surly seems to believe it will lead to a lot of pedal strikes. Obviously this is very dependent on terrain but wondering if anyone has real world experience going from the 3.0 DW to a 2.6 something and what the outcome has been.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I have a 2018 medium with 170 cranks, 2.4 in the front, 2.25 in the rear 29ers. I'll measure tonight. Perhaps that will help. I think, though 27.5 should be an inch and a half smaller diameter, those measurements never agree with reality. The difference won't be quite that great. Though we'd need to measure radius, so half as far. If you can measure any prospective rims before purchase, that would help.

Honestly, if you prefer 175 mm, you shouldn't change. That will alter your fit and positon over the bottom bracket. I prefer to be very forward. I use a zero offset seatpost and short cranks, even though my inseam is long.

·
Registered
12,894 Posts
The KM has a high BB already, so it might not be an issue.

You didn't say what fork you have on it. The taller the fork, the farther it will be from the ground.

What pedals? Big, thick pedals are closer to the ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.