Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
a dad
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
perfect shape as of 5pm today if you are wondering...anybody live in that neighborhood? my family and i are hoping to relocate to the golden area and wondering how that area is, are there many kids? we got a couple so it would be nice to have some others around...thanks

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
billybobzia said:
perfect shape as of 5pm today if you are wondering...anybody live in that neighborhood? my family and i are hoping to relocate to the golden area and wondering how that area is, are there many kids? we got a couple so it would be nice to have some others around...thanks
Under contract and hope to close on a house that abuts to Apex Park on June 6. :) :) :) In fact, you can see the home on Pick-N-Sledge ridge before it dips down into the dark foresty Grubstake area.

We were looking in and around Golden and Lakewood for a year or so and finally found a house. We were picky, but with interests rates set to rise we finally got our asses in gear this spring. There are lots of kids, in fact Shelton Elementary is right next door. Quiet, very nice neighborhood.

Whatever you decide to buy (and there are lots of options ... old, new, in Golden proper, or up on the hills) keep in mind that 93 is proposed to become an extension of C470. Right now there are some screaming deals on housing that's off 93, but it's a gamble on whether or not a massive highway will be outside your front door. So when you see the discrepancies that exist in housing prices, that's likely the reason.

Also, be aware of expansive soils and "steeply dipping bedrock" issues in the area. The Taj Mahal can provide you a map of areas to avoid. Lots of newer houses in the area will/already have structural problems, for that reason we hired not only a building inspector but a certified structural engineer to examine the house we put an offer on. Also, for that reason, buying an older house may be wise. A house that's stood 10-15 years and been through the droughts and wet years we've had, will show signs of what's to come. Buying too new on the wrong plot might hold a few unhappy surprises for you in a year or two.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Beware the towers

before you drop big coin anywhere near lookout/apex for a house consider that there is a higher than average rate of brain cancer among the residents of this area. most likely culprit is the IR radiation emmited from these towers. Golden area residents want the towers gone, big corporate tv stations are gonna build an even bigger tower so that Denver can get HDTV. Just something to ponder.

·
Registered
473 Posts
We bought near N. Table Mesa a year ago. Our 16-month-old daughter goes to a great little day care in town. Lots of kids, lots of people who love biking and the outdoors. Golden is great. We love, love, love it. We bought an older home and are very pleased with it. Benefit of buying older is a bigger lot with mature trees and landscaping. Some of the older stuff is a bit funky, but you can find some real gems. Do be aware of the soils issues that others mentioned. Obviously, love the riding opportunities. I'm 1.5 miles from Chimney and 2 miles from White Ranch. It's also an easy 6 mile ride to MW/Green Mtn. area. There also is plenty of great road riding if you're into that for training purposes. Shoot me a PM if you've got any other questions.

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
I live up in the Genesse area. Can't beat the location for convenience though the neighborhood I live in has few families which is not great for my son.

jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts